1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Indian Motorcycle - Welcome back

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, May 18, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

2. Peyts

Peyts New Member

WOW! I had no idea that this was happening! I'm more or a Harley guy, but I agree... I'd like to see them make it now as well.
  3. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I'd actually like to see them bounce outta that shirt instead! Oh sh*t, were we talking about bikes??!! Sorry, lost track for a second. Damn Chuck, why you gotta distract me like that?? :D :roflmao:
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i aim to please!!!!!!!
  5. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

I had an old flat head I used to ride around in the P.I. I wish I'd of figured out a way to get that home.
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

It appears that Indian will be using the same Power Plus 100 engine that they debuted just before going belly up. I've spoken to many who were very impressed with that powerplant. Hopefully the new company will carve out their own niche and make a solid run at success. It will be interesting to see if they decide to support the former brand or declare themselves as a brand new startup.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

It will be good to them last a long time & give HD a run for there money (our money) The Indian was always a good bike just to many cheif's running the show
    :cool:
  8. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

I really hope they can do it. A little bit of competition is good. Could help those of us that own HD's...:)
  9. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I hope so too since it is made in USA and all.

I like the styling, the monoshock design, and those bags on the Chief are a really nice touch for that bike.

I'd buy one if I didn't have to pay for this stupid house.:puke:
  10. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Ahhhh...P.I......Adult playground....
  11. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

No pun intended ??
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

No not really to many Chief's with there hand's in the cookie jar , you can't run a big or small outfit with everyone's name in the check book or you'll belly up every time just like all the times Indian MC has :eek:
    :cool:
  13. SK

SK New Member

I love the look of 40's Indians, especially a '48 Chief. The last version of the Indian MC was a takeover by California Motorcycles out of Gilroy, CA (just south of San Jose). All they did were a few modifications (Indian style tank and fenders and eventual new powerplant) to their current custom bike production and charge $25k or so for the Chief. Nice looking bikes, but too expensive for what you're getting. I test rode one and there isn't a Harley out there that isn't more comfortable to ride or handle better.

Somebody needs to put some real engineering into an Indian line. Give it back it's uniqueness. A company that came into a legal problem allowing CA Motorcycle to get the rights to the brand had a nicer original version with a Rousch powerplant (NASCAR) that was pretty cool. I like the Victory series (steadily improving their product and line), but a new Indian from the ground up would be sweet and a great re-addition to American motorcycles.

One of the reasons I liked the styling of the Royal Star when I bought it is the rounded smooth look of the old Indian.
  14. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

i hope

they are nice. as are the others mentioned.would be good for all concerned to see Harley humbled up a bit. but, as i see it they're trying to fill a void that doesn't real exist. puts me in mind of when gun makers make something better than the 30/06. just goes on and on forever to nowhere. i truely do wish them the best. they'll have to pass the ultimate test in order to survive, the test which harley wrote. . . the test of time:cool: