1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Indian Speedo Question

Discussion in 'Projects' started by indnspringer, Mar 1, 2009.

1. indnspringer

indnspringer New Member

Hi Guys Iam New To The Forum And Have A ? I Have A Customized Indian Scout And I Just Finished The Rewiring I Want To Keep The Original Speedo But I Donot Have A Pickup In The Trans Anyone Have Any Ideas ?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

what years are you using???? older original speedos didnt have electronic pickups, they used cable....need a bit more info......
    welcome to the house!!!!!!!! have fun!
  3. indnspringer

indnspringer New Member

The Bike Is 2001 With A Springer Front End A Rev Tec 100 4x4 It Has A Cable Speedo And The Wiring Is Like A 83 Soft Tail
  4. chucktx

if the speedo you want to use requires a sensor in the transmission, put one in and do the required wiring.....not a hard job.....let us know!
  5. indnspringer

indnspringer New Member

theres no hole i would have to remove trans and gut to machine a new hole ,i was thinking about putting a mec. front drive unit but dont know if it will work with my spacer or a 21 inch front wheelmy rotor is on the right side i have not taken off spacer and to check to see how longthe spacer is thanks
  6. chucktx

one thing about "custom" work is getting the kinks worked out. as long as ya have a bit of skill and some tools, anything can be done.....let us know how ya make out!!!!!!!