1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Indy burned

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Mar 4, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

we had to take my son's custom to a indy shop for some light work long to short , my bum knee & his 10-15 hours day , we stop & talked to some diff shop' any way we had them replace all the oil lines & fix the brake light
    well almost 3 weeks later & a bit over $300 i picked the bike up today low on oil (i took them a gal of amsoli myself) has a short in the running lights ( old setup have to turn them on ) the over flow oil line now sucks like a vacume line my son ask me to pick it up or bail him out, any suggestions on why a over flow on a evo 88 S&S will act like a vacume line & suck
    PS if we go back to him we will both have to bailed out:fight:
  2. Harleyjeff

Harleyjeff New Member

Strange happenings dude. Never had that happen to me. Is there any chance that the oil overflow was repositioned in such a way that gravity is the cause of suction instead of exhaust? Sounds like something more major than this though. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a suggestion or solution.

Time to also look for a new service shop...I would assume.
  3. cowboy

Harleyjeff Tha t was the first & last time going to that shop , Like I said it was a basic must for right now , Just need to figure out why the breather /over flow is like a vacume line on a cage :banghead:
  4. cowboy

Well I have never seen this breather.overflow work as this one is dooing so I ca;;ed around & checked some book through a friend & it sounds like at least two of the oil lines have been crossed :cussing: :angry:
    The shop talks a good game , they know how to turbo a HD , I 've seem them do it , just not smart enought to trace & change a few oil lines
  5. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Come on Cowboy, that is like expecting NASA Rocket Scientists to be able to build a Soap box Derby car....... You can't expect TURBO guys to be able to so something so maundane as oil lines can you??!! :roflmao:
  6. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

Ok Cowboy give me a hiint I live in your area d dont want to go there :cool:
  7. cowboy

ruffrider11, I have no problum putting out the shop's name , It's Enchanted Bike Works On hwy 6 in Manvel , I have talked to another shop in Alvin , They have good advice & said he would loan us a Manual to take home If we can't find one , & they have a dyno & he know how to ues it :D , This shop is Twisted Cycles so if your in the aera ruffrider pass up Manvel, I also forget to add they said they need to bleed out the rear break , they reran the line over the top on the passenger peg & drained out the b fluied & never said a word I took the bike for a short ride , a dog ran out & went to hit the rear brake to find a flat pedel here we go front brake & shifter missed the dog saved my knee & my life (if the wife found out I rode it ) , so I bleed out the break for now but still need to rerun the line
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  8. fujimo

fujimo New Member

nuetered

jeez cowboy ,,,,they need to be nuetered,,,,popss
  9. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

I'd try to let them know how bad they screwed up so maybe they don't do it again. Tell them you have documented everything with pictures and are prepared to take them to small claims court. Sounds to me like they must have been hung over or high on something. In these days of the internet all these Indy's have to sell is service, if they don't provide that they shouldn't be in business, or maybe everybody had the flu that day, I'd not just walk away without letting them know. AL
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I agree AL they might have put a new hire genius on the job and have no idea that he/she screwed up, they would probably be very appreciative of the insite so as not to jepordize the life of another customer. and ruin the name this owner has built............then if their an azz, nail em
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I would absolutely call them back tell them what was wrong for all you know they had some entry level kid working on it, they need to know they endangered your life and the life of the motor by putting the oil lines on wrong.

If they offer to fix it up tell them you want your money back because you had to fix it yourself after you were dang near hurt when riding it down the street without a brake.
  12. cowboy

Thank's all I did make a vido of all there screw up & included me pouring more oil in , Both my son & I are in cool down mode , beofre we even try to talk to them again , it won't be more then a day or two then we will try calling & talking at first , Both our wife's said they will not bail us out if we go down there :gah: Josh the owner wants us to bring the bike back so they can try to fix it right , but we both said no thesy screwed it up once & had it for almost 3 weeks , but we will give them the chance to repay us all of the money for labor as we did keep the new parts on the bike
  13. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i agree with the others....let them know how you feel and what they screwed up.....but remember, ya can get more flies with honey, than vinigar.......:)
  14. cowboy

LOL Chuck that's why where both in the cool down mode , we both have talked the shop right away , but all got hot , so the cool down mode is a must , plus where trying to ready for my daughter 's 27 th B day party on Sat , that s what the mud bug's are for :D
  15. chucktx

got an address on them bugs????????:roflmao: hope she has good one!!!! wish her a happy birthday for me....................:)
  16. chucktx

never mind cowboy.........just saw the other post!!!!!!!!:)