1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Info

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by baggerpaul, Jun 26, 2016.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Hey guys hope all is wel and for you guys in the north hope your riding season is fantastic. I have a question that is not bike related and I have seen many post about firearms on the forum so hope to get some feedback back from you.looking at a Springfield Xd mod2.for my wife she loves the way it feels in her palm loves the saftey set up .just wondering how it holds up and if anyone on the forum owns one .break down seems very quick and easy .so cleaning up will be a snap after range time .please let me know what you think all the best guys!and thank you in advance!
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

That's one of the subs I'm considering. There are many test reports on the Google. I'm thinking a 40 cal though. But the smaller size will probably decide for carry in this state.
    baggerpaul likes this.
  3. baggerpaul

Alot of features on that firearm that I liked .I'm gonna get her the 9 just gotta do a little more digging. As for myself I like the 40 .I don't like a glock it's a dependable fire arm but reminds me of a Harley gotta throw alot of money at it to make it fit you.lol
  4. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

A friend has an xd in .45 He loves it.
    baggerpaul likes this.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I has a XDs in 45. Nice gun sold it though

I would look for an m&p in 9 and get the performance
    Model it has a better trigger better sights and ported Harrell
    Makes it a soft shooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. baggerpaul

Had the mp in her hand she did not like it .I tried the sig in her hand figured it would be great she could grow in caliber with that gun in a mod model striker fire weapon she hated it .chic is high maintenance!.if the Springfield is pretty much trouble free ? I'll buy it for her the package is nice .with 2 clips the 16+1 speed loader carry holster gun lock all for around 550 is a good price .it is pricey for a gun from Croatia. Then again the mod 2 is much better than the original model.you have any problems with your gun hrk?
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

No problems it was fine but I found a used g19 barely used some guy bought 3 glocks and traded them all

So good for me his loss lol

XDm is good mine was mod 1. Buddy liked it and carries it all the time. If she likes it then buy it she won't carry anything else then your decision is made for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I have an XDm in .40cal and I do like it. Accuracy suffers after about 25 yards, but it still is in the black. Real easy to clean and clear....well, she should jack the slide herself, though, before taking anyone else's word. Love the handle and clip options. Just be ready to buy lots of ammo, cuz it is a fun one to shoot!

I will say the sole "grip safety" feature took some getting used to, after carrying issued 1911's and Berratas for eons. But it is ready when you are that way.
  9. baggerpaul

Well went to the gun show sun thought I would find good prices lol.they were at or above retail .went to my local and it was towards the end of the day and got much better pricing. Got the 9 in mod 2 and the 45 for me .the 45 is the mod 1 it's actually a lot smaller width wise than the mod 2 and a better carry .but not made for a woman's hand or wrist .that caliber in a small gun that light would be kinda tough on the bones after firing for a while .I just could not pass up the deal .got both for under a grand I'll pick them up Tuesday. Thanks for the info guys.
  10. baggerpaul

Well gotta say that both guns are very nice to shoot .the 9 seems super east to sight and group up like a silver dollar .the 45 not so much you really have to pay attention to finger placement and pull on the trigger or your shot group starts to get a little crazy not tthat you can't sight up and hit center mass or a head shot on sight .but a short barrel and a hefty round dont make it super easy .she has quite the recoil at 230 grain 45. So if you over finger the trigger it will shoot low left or right .I found that both thumbs forward and one laying just below the slide .makes a huge difference in down range bullet placement .fantastic gun as far as dependability goes it will eat anything I feed it .except winchester hollow point 230 grain it will fire it no problem .but for some reason it will not lock the slide back after the magazine is empty .all other founds I have fired through it .gave me not a problem .not really a gun I would range fire all the time .but an awesome carry.got about 750 rounds.down range with it and it gave me no issues or stove pipes. So if any one else reads this two thumbs up for the xds 45.wife mod 2 9 mm fantastic also.
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Cool! When the permit comes in the mail, it helpsme decide on while brand I may go with.