1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Injector cleaner

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by jazzhog, May 13, 2008.

1. jazzhog

jazzhog New Member

I've got about 18,000k on my 01 softail and I haven't been riding it that much lately among other issues that I have with the scoot, I would like to add some fuel injector cleaner or additive in the tank just to clean them out.
    I was thinking something like Lucas. Does anyone have a suggestion? "JAZZ" :cool:
  2. duke76

duke76 New Member

I have used chevron techron and sea foam, both seemed to work but if you use premium gas you shouldnt need it, I usually mix it with the first tank of gas after the bike sits all winter. Todd
  3. jazzhog

jazzhog New Member

Injectors

Thanks, Todd
    I just want to make sure that I could use it. I do use premium but my scoot has been seating in the garage to long with very few startups so I'm just going to put that Lucas in the hog and see what gives...
    Thanks again "JAZZ" :cool:
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

B-12 Chemical, Most Of The Time You See It In The Spray Can, But They Also Sell It In A Pour Can, You Can Put It In Your Gas To Clean Anything The Gas Hits Or Runs Throuh, I Use It About Every 5 Tanks On The Rolling Cages, You Can Also Run It In Your Oil When Your Going To Change It, To Clean That Sysem, But You Have To Drain It Out With The Old Oil. Works Real Good And Pretty Cheap. It Will Be In The Carb Cleaner Section.
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

What is this seafoam?I've heard it mentioned on here before,but never heard of it before
  6. duke76

duke76 New Member

sea foam here

Sea Foam

I usually buy mine from Oreillys
  7. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

I use Harley Davidson fuel additive with Duralt. Years ago in Easyriders mag they ran two shovehead motors something like 50,000 mi. which is about the rebuild threshold for a shovel. One was run with the additive and one without. When they tore the motors down your could definitely see that the Duralt made one hellofa difference, it was much much cleaner. Al
  8. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Thanks duke, and the stuff really works? Tune up in a can :D
  9. duke76

duke76 New Member

It works as well as I can tell, we have put them in a few cars and it sure blows alot of crap out, I think I may have seen some videos of it being used on you tube you can see it in action there, it seems to help alot with carbon buildup Todd
  10. Breeze

Breeze New Member

Sea Foam

You can save a few nickels on Sea Foam at Wally World. StaBil works pretty good on all my small engine stuff too. As for the HD, I crank it once a week to keep the battery charged and keep the carb from gumming up... otherwise I'm on it. No problems in 35 winters now.
  11. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I used the lucus for years , then tried P1 from amsoil seems to work a little better , but it cost a bit more as well I bottle treats 20 gal & you use it every 4000 miles so it last a good while , I have the 5 gal tank so about every 16 k I get a new bottle
  12. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

I used both Lucas and Seafoam on my Sporty through all the carb problems with it. Heard Seafoam was snakeoil but figured I just might have a snake in there (everything else seemed to be LOL). Two doses of seafoam and my Sporty was much more sporty. Don't know if it was luck of the drawl or the magic fix, but either way it made the Sporty run better than Lucas ever thought about.
  13. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

when it comes to EFI i tend to think about lubricating the injectors, so they don't stick or hang up. i like that marvel mysterial oil added to the gas. i worry that getting things to clean could result in the injectors not moving smoothly, "o" rings drying out, ect. but this is just another way of looking at things. i wonder if carbs have different requirments compared to EFI when it comes to cleaners:confused: