1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Inner Fairing

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Feb 4, 2015.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

When I purchased my Road Glide it had some sort of bed liner sprayed on the inner fairing. I like the look but don't love it. Well now I have a console door that is busted, but it works. Looking around and asking about this stuff for a new door and to get it coated is a little more difficult and expensive than anticipated. I am considering on just buying a new one and then when I have the bike repainted then just color match the inner fairing. Thoughts?
  2. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

If you plan on painting the bike then I would definitely color match a new inner fairing. Everything will look good.
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

May be the easier way to go if you want to change from a flat black inner fairing and match the bike...That bed liner could be tough to remove and prep for paint
  4. JohnnyBiker

Don't think that you can remove it.
  5. Lucifer

Only with sandpaper and elbow grease;)...Is the broken tab in the fairing??
  6. JohnnyBiker

I am not 100% sure. The Road Glide is at a dealer for storage and I asked them to fix it since it was there. I will be getting a better look at it this weekend I am sure that they said it was the door itself because they had to order a new one.
  7. Lucifer

Heh...reread your post..You're just getting a new console door and were thinking about coating that...correct??
    I wouldn't coat the door if that's the case...the contrast might look good too...
    I thought you were thinking about a new inner fairing...
  8. JohnnyBiker

I am just getting a console door. However, from the limited research I have done, it may not be worth to spray only the door. It is sounding that this stuff is expensive to start with. (Clean up time etc.) If I can't find a place to spray it for a reasonable price, I just may replace the entire inner fairing and then paint match it to my bike when I repaint it.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

just get two new doors so both sides match, don't coat them LOL

I would paint a new inner fairingwhen you do the bike