1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Interesting Find

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Mar 25, 2013.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We were at the Mother in laws home a few days back and going through stuff that was left. I found a bunch of stuff in a box. The switch blade says Mzzuto Estileto Milano on it. Ammunition is a whole bunch of 30-06, 30-40 Kraig which I have one, 32 Winchester (don't have one) 30 Remington (don't have one) a whole bunch of old 22, some even from the old Coast to Coast stores. 4 old scopes (no good) shot gun shells, and an old sea rations box with very old chocolate, Carmel, water purification, short wood matches, aspirin that is now no good, and says the flask can be used for water or other spirits. Old pistol cleaning rods in a short aluminum container and a rifle cleaner in a canvas bag. Plus other misc stuff for guns.
    All was in a cardboard box tucked away in the old basement.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364270195.483614.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364270270.899747.jpg

Attached Files:

2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That;'s cool, if you have a 22 I bet that ammo is still good.

Those C ration packages might be worth some money... In the original packages.
  3. FLHTbiker

Yep, colt 1911 22 a Ruger 10-22
  4. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

I have a switch blade that looks like that...Got it back in 72...Carried it home on the plane in my pocket...LOL...Is the 32 Winchester a lever action rifle? My mother had one back in the 40's...Shot her first deer with it...Great looking gun...I don't know if I would trust those old shotgun shells...Especially if they are the old paper casings...Remember those days?
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Cool stuff! How long is the switchblade? I had one once that opened up to nearly 12" counting the handle.
  6. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

that's too cool . man cave time capsule!
  7. FLHTbiker

Yea Paul lots of cool stuff, even found an old Military leather rifle sling.

Joshbob the knife measures 8.5 inches from stem to stern

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364351224.041391.jpg
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

that's cool stuff to find , seems your mother-in-law was ready for awhile
  9. FLHTbiker

It was the wife's dads stuff he passed away a few years ago and the stuff has been sitting in that box for several years.