1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

International bike shipping

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by AFNurse, Aug 16, 2004.

1. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I am stationed in Germany with the Air Force. Good probability that next year I will PCS back to the states. Anyone out there with any expiriance with international shipping of a bike?? I am hearing WAY to many horror stories about bikes shipped by govt contract movers (my neighbor/friend just shipped his back, HE had to show the movers how to tie the bike down in the truck as they forgot the bike crate.....they wanted to use 550 cord and tie to the plastic of his Honda CBR.....:eek: ) I am wondering about cost, and delivery time, and even where to start looking! Any help would be appriciated!! :)
  2. SISK

SISK New Member

Overseas shipping

Wie Gehts AFNurse,

In regards to shipping your bike...

If you are a HOG member, check the HOG website for shipping info. They have both US domestic as well as international shipping companies that are associated with Harley and qualified to ship your ride. I have no idea of the cost, but it is a place to start looking.

Check your Private Messages and I'll send you a link and info to the shipping company.

SISK

Truly superior riders are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Ganz gut! I have made some inquaries, we shall see. I am guessing that up to 500-600 I am willing to pay (shipping a car only costs about 600.....) much over that, and I may see what parts the AF and the contract movers are willing to replace!!