1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Interview tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Not sure about this, but I can always quit if I have to go on a book tour, right? I don't even remember applying to this company, but they're conveniently located, which is amazing considering where I live. I can work part time starting at 6:00 in the morning, so I'd be out early. I don't think it will pay much, but it will at least cover the rent and electric, which will be handy during the winter months. I just hate getting a real job, but I don't want to pass it up either. :( I'm confident about getting it, since they said that I tested better than anyone else ever has. I do test well, but if you consider it's an entry-level position and I have a Master's degree and 30 years in the work force, that isn't saying much. Of course there's always that "overqualified" catch, but I would assume they wouldn't have called me if that was the case.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Good luck. A job is great stuff

If they tell you that you are overqualified ask them why are they wanting underqualified people

In this market there are tons of overqualified applicants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Winter is coming, ya might as well give it a shot. At least until you collect the movie rights $$$, right?

My book copies don't get here till Monday...looking forward to finally reading the whole book!
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good luck, working in the winter is better than during the riding season. I like HRK comment about being over qualified. If your not happy at it by spring well you know what to do. Could also turn into something better. Keep us posted.:)
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

"Over qualified" I've been hearing that for two years now. Take the job then quietly take over the place then you can write your own hours! Most interviewers see people like you and me as a threat. Winter jobs are a good thing. Just my thoughts.
  6. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Yea, nothing holding you down and you never know. Took a job once cause I was out of work and had a family to feed, did not think it would work long, but I needed cash. Well 23 years later ... I am thinking of retiring soon. Not the plan, but you never know.
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

good luck!!!
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I got the job. It seems like it will work really well for me. They were blown away by my ability to write office correspondence on the test. I guess everyone bombs that part. I told her I'd just published a book. I can write. :roflmao:
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Cool, way to go and show em.:)
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

11. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

The ability to write well is a rarity these days. Mac the Wife writes well and has beautiful penmenship. They used to actually teach those things in school!
    Good luck on your new job!