1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Investment Advice for 2008

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Oct 7, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago you would have $49.00 left. With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00. With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left. But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $214.00 cash.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

It's called the 401-keg.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man I figured that out or at least the second part years ago :D
  3. nightster09

nightster09 New Member

unfortunately, this was great a few months ago, but now that Anheuser-Busch sold out to a foreign company their cans are no longer accepted as American Aluminum!!:roflmao:
  4. cowboy

well as long as they don't change the taste I'll keep drinking Bud :cool:
  5. cardboard

Started drinkin Redneck Budweiser as my 1st beer. I still drink it.
    Think they will have a lot of customers screamin if they change the taste.
  6. Panthera

Panthera New Member

They could not make it any flatter! Any change would be an improvement!

I see a beer wars thread here!
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

you will have no argument from me!!!!!! jack,black.....on the rocks!!!!!!!:D
  8. Panthera

Panthera New Member

I like Johnny Black myself. I saw an interesting show on one of the educational channels once where the barrels from Jack and Jim get disassembled and shipped to Scotland for the scotch to age in, as for proper scotch it has to be a once used barrel, so the American Whiskey makers can claim that Scotch has a little of their flavor as well! It is all good though!
  9. cowboy

I do like dose XX but Bud had been my main beer , I use to drink black jack & water but got tired of being 6.6ft tall & bullet proof :D so now it;s just once in a while :cool:
  10. nightster09

nightster09 New Member

Panthera, sounds like your a single malt scotch drinker??! I enjoy it, I don't really have a fav., mostly anything from the Highlands or Speyside.

On another subject - I tried Budweiser's new "American Ale" the other night, and it was pretty good. They are definitely trying to compete with the craft beers on the market, and I can honestly say they may have done this one right. Whatever your poison, enjoy it - but not on the bike!
  11. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

ezra brooks, bud, coors, fat tire, jack, jim, and any kind of free beer and whiskey:D
  12. cardboard

YOu can have a shot of whiskey and chase it with a cold redneck Budweiser. Yea
  13. Panthera

Panthera New Member

I like the single malts, when I can afford them. I prefer the ones from Isley, though I like the speysides also.

My daughter did a semester of University in Edinburough,they call it the WIS (Wisconsin in Scotland) program. I took the family went over for 9 days to check it out. I tried quite a few single malts then. They are good.

I
  14. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

no drinking and riding

I'm not a fan of Bud except for this...it is amazingly consistent from coast to coast..and that isn't the easiest thing to do given the differences in water/malt/etc. Bud's a pale clear beer that requires that the malt provides the right color and the lighter the beer, the less tolerance for error there is. These guys have it down to a science. Darker brews using higher color malts..[darker] allow for more forgiveness..blending lighter malts if the brew seems a little on the dark side. A-B did a great job on the Bud Light with Lime..really nice crisp warm weather beer. Single Malts remind me too much of the old days smoking peat moss thru the malt ....
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Never been a bud fan, bud light ok, but not bud, headache beer

Prefer the dark ales, Guinness is a favorite, especially after a week in Ireland, I drank a Guinness in every tavern we stopped at, he he.. and then some.

I agree on Single Malts, Islay is good a bit peaty,

Try and find some Dalmore Single Malt, got turned on to it in NYC, standing in a liquor store on the way back to the hotel, in the Grand Central, super good, and under $40 a bottle (you can get it under $35) they also make a Cigar Malt if you like bourbon and single malts this is kind of an homage to both, and it's good and heavy, great with a nice Maduro...
  16. nightster09

nightster09 New Member

The Dalmore cigar malt is one worth having in your collection. It goes great with almost any cigar (I wouldn't suggest pairing it with a Swisher Sweet :),. Highland Park 18 year or a Macallan 15 year.
  17. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Whisky is good. I prefer the single island malts, Islay and other isles. Just my taste.

On investments....

The boss had an idea. He asked us to form a focus group, gave us £500.00 for resources. We spent it on beer. Yes, the boss had a good idea. :) :)
  18. 05glide

05glide New Member

beer = Coors
    whiskey = Gentleman Jack
    I will drink others if the above are not available and YOU ARE paying
    As for drinking and riding -- no way. The rod in my leg is from a sober accident, I'm not willing to try it drunk. Plus after 13 years of being a cop, I saw enough of the results of drinking and riding to convince me to walk, crawl or just pass out where I am before I get in or on anything that is motorized after drinking. SO -- your place or mine? It is FRIDAY NIGHT :cool:
  19. Panthera

Panthera New Member

I am a wee bit miffed at my co-worker. He is Thai, and when we were working in Thailand, he was sent to the States for training, and he brought me back a bottle of Johnny Blue, which runs $200+ a bottle, even duty free. Now I have to return the favor somehow.

He said it is because I look after him, I gave him a set of ratcheting box wrenches, and brought him a new laptop bag, but I was just helping him out, the company paid for that stuff.

Anyway, a few friends will get together and help me drink it!