1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Iriddium smidium

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Jun 23, 2008.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Wow, I got my plugs today from my buddy. Small little tips in there.
    I put the feeler gauge to work on the first plug and the little tip broke.:rant: ( I don't need any pointers on how to gauge a freakin' plug!!!)
    So I went to the second plug and decided to change the front one out.
    the old $1.96 looked a little black and a little (itty bitty tan/red/brown) and pretty good shape for being in there too long. so I put in the good Irriddium and took off. (no black dots of piston material to be seen:) )
    Wow, I knew the engine was a bit flat to me but one of those dang things new made some better revs and less throttle to get moving. Had so much fun I took off and good, and lost my bandanna. I usually wear a skull cap) Anyways, think I'll slip on down to parts store and pick up a set of $4.00NGKs like I normally use and call it a day. Hopefully I can get my money back from the broke plug and I'll put the other in the just in case box with a set of $1.96 plugs. oh well.....New plugs... mighty nice gotta stay on that stuff. Time got away on the set I took out.
    Later
    :D :cool:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

funny story, glad ya happy!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  3. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Uhhhh, your bike might perform better but will you? I don't know about sitting on top of iridium for a long time. Be careful!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: