1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Is it True?

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by sarge7, Dec 26, 2009.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Was watching TV the other night and they were doing a special on one of the bars in Sturgis, The owner said that 2009 was to be the last year that this bar was going to be there.
    Has anyone heard anything about it?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if ya know the name of the bar, google it and see what comes from the horses mouth........
  3. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

I know a few of the campsites changed hands before 2009 which also included other prperties but none were closed.
  4. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

was it the full throttle saloon?
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Heard a liquor license for a bar in Sturgis ir redicolusly out of site in price for a few weeks. Like 500,000.

I couldn't believe it.:banghead:
  6. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Full Throttle Saloon is the one. The owner name is Gary I think. He said he was losin money from the damages caused at last years rally. That must've been the famous cop/biker runin that hit the news last August.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Now that sounds like the rallys of yester-year , & beside the insurence should cover it
  8. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

There was 5 or 6 week episode about the full throttle, it was all weather and lack of attendance related, when I was there the place was pretty empty. It is also a no colors bar, I've never seen any kind of trouble there.