1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Isolated Drive System Sprocket Kit

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by ktwillis, Nov 5, 2008.

1. ktwillis

ktwillis New Member

Does anyone know if the ride difference between the 07 and 08-09 Ultraclassic is enought to justify the cost of adding the Isolated Drive System Sprocket Kit ,$300 plus installl?
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cant help ya.........but hang in there, someone will be along with an answer!!:)
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The new 09 Ultra Classic with the new frame is a dream to ride. I can tell you this that there is no longer that feeling of a loose rear end or unstable feeling in the corners with the 09 frame. I've got friends who had a 06-07 tell me that they cannot believe the difference between them and the 09. A couple of friends have 06 and 07 Ultra's who put the adapter on and they say it has taken away that loose feel in corners and the fifth gear noise is less. Bike feels more stable they say.

Here is a thread about what you are asking.2007 6 Speed - Isolated Drive System Sprocket Kit - Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts