1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

It's Amazing!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Hot01, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Having hit somewhere around 115,000 miles on my bike recently (lost the speedo/odometer for a month or two last summer), when it started acting up a while back, I felt the need to ask a mechanic friend. Certainly it couldn't be anything simple. One thing he did was change out this VOES switch, some do-hickey on the intake manifold. My baby was still noisy and weak and hard to keep running.

Then I had this brilliant idea. I changed the spark plugs. It's probably been 5 years. :rolleyes:

She's perfect again! :D

Moral of the story: Don't overlook the obvious. It doesn't always take a professional.
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Very true glad its running better for you.
  3. whacker

whacker Active Member

I change my plugs every year Hot01,it doesn't cost much,and I always carry a couple spares with me.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

good on you abby!!!!!!! how are the temps????? up for company yet????