1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

It's Dangerous to Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Sep 29, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

With Chucktx.

Went on a Ride with him today.
    He went to pass a Ford Ranger and a truck pulling a trailer.
    When he pulled out, I was right behind him when all of a sudden the ranger truck deceides he is gonna pass. But wait, Chucktx was in the passing lane.
    The ranger truck ran Chucktx all way to the left on the shoulder and was near Chucktx saddlebag area.
    And we had traffic up the road headed right in our direction.

He nearly clipped my front wheel and I was in the passing lane before I had to grab the brakes when I just downshifted into 4th and slammed the throttle to excelerate.
    All Chucktx knows how to do is give sign Language.....:rant:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Had it happen to one time and its scares the crap out of you when it happens then makes you really P-off. Guy probably didn't even look and that's how many riders get killed...carless cage drivers.
    Glad you and Chuck are alright.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That's how Bruce Rossmeyer former owner of Daytona HD et all was killed
    several bikes passed a slow truck and trailer, rossmeyer was next to last and when he pulled out to pass the truck did a left turn across the road...

I've always been concerned about that when passing on two lanes..
    ya never know...
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i really wanted to stop and beat the crap out of the guy..........he had a big **** eatin grin when i went around and he pulled over......just couldnt figure out how to get him to stop without him runnin over us.........i am looking into one of those "whips" ya see hangin of of handle bars..........screw up his windshield or hit em in the face with it.............
  5. chucktx

oh ya, two towns earlier, he nearly got rearended from a loaded log truck at a traffic light......i was watchin him, but never thought he would intentionally try to hit us.....glad it was a long stretch of 2 lane with nice paved berms..........
  6. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Man....idiots all!! I'll get you a whip next time I see one.....my blue/white one would not go with your bike!!
  7. chucktx

wow, that would be great!!!!!!!!!
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Watch it chrome he just might like it :D
    Good to here your both made it alright
    Had a guy last year over in Santa fa NM just cross lanes & left the back of his truck out in our lane , my sister was on the inside & she would have broad sided him , I just droped a gear & hit it hard & hit my horn so my sister could see the room I gave her , My bro-in-law & my brother had just enought room to miss the same A hole
  9. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

glad you guys are ok...I thought we owned all the nutbars up here in Alberta but I guess not. HRK, I remember being in Sturgis and reading about Bruce Rossmeyer's death. He was on his way to Sturgis I believe. I've seen a few close calls where someone pulled out to pass and the vehicle being passed turns left..not pretty. I'm almost paranoid now, if there's a side road coming up to the two laner and the car in front even hints on slowing down or moves slightly, I'll wait. It's at that time where having something like your 124 is nice..get out and around and out of harm's way...
  10. cardboard

11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I've seen those horns mounted under the saddle bags.
  12. cardboard

Think the ones under the saddlebags were different.