1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Its Hot

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jun 22, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Can you believe I'm sitting in a Travel Lodge motel in Medford Oregon and its in the 90's today. Dry heat and a breeze blowing. Lots of bikes out down here. Got to do a inspection on a 16 unit Apartment complex down here tomorrow. Then do the 5 hour drive home tomorrow. Hope to be home by midnight. Sure wished I could have rode the bike, but to much equipment to take.
    Saw a couple on a big BMW pulling a large tent trailer. He was moving pretty good with that trailer as they were going though the corners in the mountains on I-5. He had it leaned over trying to keep 65 MPH going in a posted 55 curve. Bike and trailer where starting to wiggle pretty hard and he finally slowed it down to get control back again, dang punk young guys.

Almost forgot had dinner at my favorite chain restaurant here in the Northwest, Black Bear Dinner. They serve extra large portions, planning on doing breakfast tomorrow morning at 6 AM. They got the best thick ham steaks around.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

good luck on the inspection , as for the BMW sounds like he hasn't pulled the trailer to many time's , I have never pulled one either just guessing on this one
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Don't think he had it loaded correctly as they should not wiggle (sway) at the rear end like that. Probably to much weight in the rear of the trailer.