1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

its that time again

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by baggerpaul, Nov 26, 2013.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Well boys as some of you know every year we feed around 800 homeless and less fortunate folks for thanksgiving. I dont post this for a pat on the back its to challenge my brothers on the forum to try to do the same or at least take an hour out of your day and help out at a church or center to do the same . Its a good thing to put a good meal in these guys belly a good time to preach the gospel or to just show some mercy to those less fortunate. Step out of your comfort zone guys not all those folks choose to live out on the street.they just cant plug back in to society. God bless and have a great thanksgiving
    Roadster guy likes this.
  2. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

I told you last year Paul and will say it again, you are a good man... God Bless...
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

there goes your rep....

Good job BP
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Well, I've not gone out and done that, but I've been at the receiving end of some of those meals many, many years ago when I was down and out and hoboing around the country. The meals (and beds) were largely provided by the Sally's (Salvation Army) or the Volly's (Volunteers of America), or by the countless rescue missions and soup kitchens across America.
    In all the time I was on the road, I never met a man who "chose" to live that way or even liked it.

There is a shade of difference between a hobo and a bum: A hobo usually has some self-respect left and will work on occasion, and I suppose some may have hit the road just for the adventure of it. A bum mostly panhandles and will steal, and I've been acquainted with some who were just plain mean and nasty. At least, that was the way things were back then.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  5. baggerpaul

I have alot of guys who are vets . Some that have just suffered from the bad economy lost there job home and wife and kids . And just lost it mentally and feel they have let there whole family down as a man .its very sad .. some are complete family and just dont have enough money to have a thanksgiving meal so they get fed.no one is turned turned away. I see most of these folks every week thanks giving. We see alot more every year the way I look at it if I can impact one to change and get off the street I have helped him live 20 extra years.
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

And it's volunteers like you who impact other's lives in a way they will never forget. Saint Francis of Assisi once said: Go forth into the world and preach the gospel - and when necessary, use words.
  7. baggerpaul

Actions we take will always speak louder then words and that's what the gospel is all about.people read in to that and ask themselves whats is different about him or her? And it is contagious. Being self less. Is what inspired me to do what I do and tjere is no one I know as selfless as my wife this is her ministry and im proud to be her helper.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That's great Paul, lots of folks sure appreciate your hard work...
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's A great job your doing Paul, hats off to you. We have a lot of professional pan handlers here and bums who have done a lot of stealing and damage. Sense it's legal for panhandlers here they are everywhere. There are homeless here to but getting harder to tell who is who anymore.
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yes Paul & Mrs Bagger Paul your both doing a great thing there , Happy thanksgiving
  11. baggerpaul

Thank you guys .happy Thanksgiving. Got a call yesterday from one of my clients. He owns a bread route . He donated 60 pallets of bread . What a blessing. called a friend that runs baers furniture. He sent a truck to meet kathy up with my client to load it for her and run it down for us.too cool !any how its all good. You guys have a awesome day enjoy your family.