1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Jet size for a 97 Road King

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by Javieret, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Javieret

Javieret New Member

Hi,

I purchased the CVP Deluxe Tuner Kit and have installed it in my 97 FLHR. I have to say that I like very much how my bike performs now. It's faster than it was and the fuel consumption is a little better.

I installed it with the recommended settings as per instructions, but couldn't get a nice idle with the bigger pilot jet so I replaced it with the little one (45). The idle is better than before and the mileage has improved a bit. The bike runs fine but still have not an idle with nice sound like my bike had before.

I have to say that the I get the best idle with the mixture screw at 1-1/4 or 1-1/2 so I wonder if I should have to get a 44 jet to make the idle perfect.

What do you think?

P.D. I run a Dogherty PowerPack air filter and V&H basic slip-ons. No other big improvements in motor, as far as I know.
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I think your jetting and settings are just fine. Going with a smaller pilot would require the mixture screw to be out too far to accomplish the same result, and could actually waste fuel. Great to hear the kit is working for you.
  3. Javieret

Javieret New Member

Thanks Ken but don't you think that the mixture screw set at 1-1/4 is to have it too much in? I've read that it uses to be at about 2 turns.