1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Jets

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by Informme, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Informme

Informme New Member

Ken,

I ordered the cv performance stage one tuner kit from you, and the jets are not what I need for a sport. :banghead:

The slow jets I received are 44 and 45, but I need a 46.

The main jets I received are 175 and 180, but I need a 195 and 200.

These are for a 2001 Sportster Sport carb. What do I need to do?

Thanks,
    Scott
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Scott, the jets included in the kit are designed to work with the other parts (custom needle, emulsion tube, spring). A 1200 prior to 2004 should not require a pilot jet larger than #45 or a main larger than #180 unless the engine is 1) stroked and aggressively cammed, 2) compensating for a vacuum or intake leak.

Typically a 95" Twin Cam will take either a 195 or 200 main jet but almost never on a Sportster unless used for drag racing only. Jetting that large would surely foul the plugs on the first ride.

If you have some sort of special application please contact me.
  3. Informme

Informme New Member

Thanks Ken
    I understand now. I just put the kit in, stayed with the #45 low and put the #180 in main. Bike is very hard to crank and black smoke is coming out exhaust. I guess I need to drop to #44 low and try that. This is my first time working on carb so I guess it will take me a while to get it. I'm going to read more but if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Scott