1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Just a Reminder about Sears

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 23, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Just a reminder to all about Sears, I have forgotten all they have continued to do to support our troops. So do a little shopping there.

Sears - Christmas shopping this year.

I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn't always my first choice. It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up for active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

Pass it on.

I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true.
    If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
    Sears Customer Care
    webcenter@sears.com
    1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's verified ! By Snopes.com <blockedhttp://snopes.com/> at:

http://www.snopes.co...itary/sears.asp
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Bought my lawn tractor from them for this reason. Craftsman tools are pretty good, too, and they do honor that lifetime gaurantee (traded in an ancient socket wrench with absolutely no hassle three years ago).

Too bad they don't sell guns anymore!
  3. cardboard

When I was growing up my mom worked at Sears. They gave her a great job.
    My mom and dad and me has had very good luck since I was a kid with Sears refigerators, washers and dryers besides the tools.
    Sears has a digital torque wrench I want right now that will go to 200 ft lbs and also do inch lbs too.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I have as way s shop sears for a lot of things , but mostly tools , & have two of the garden tractors
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We bought our riding lawn mower at sears, good machine. Sears got some good stuff and I had a MAC Tools route a few years back, had it for over 10 years. But still buy Sears tools.
  6. cardboard

I got some deep well Snap ON impact sockets and a set of shallow well craftsman impact sockets. The sears ones seems to be made a lot better.
    Figure that.:rolleyes:
  7. popeye

popeye Active Member

:banghead:Dammit man I don't need another reason to go to Sears I already spend a ton there.:D Seriously though that's great to know.
  8. cardboard

9. popeye

popeye Active Member

I got a Snap-On electronic it's sweet.
  10. cardboard

Got 2 buddy's that has the snap on, the craftsman sits right with them.

Workin with a digital torque wrench that shows real time measurements will help save time when you got to keep doing torques to certain measurments and work the torque up to a certain measurement.
    And it beeps to let you know yer there.
    When you git threw with the digital wrench disconnet the battery pressure and the batteries will last longer.
  11. popeye

popeye Active Member

He!! it's probably the same wrench.
  12. cardboard

I'm sitin here waitin on the OL to come up to the lake, she went to N.M. to see her mom with her sister.
    Called Sears gonna ask if they had the torque wrench on sale, they said Sears was closed but the Auto dept was open.
    I said WTF sears is already closed on Thanksgiving eve.
    Lookat at my phone and it was 9:20am.
    Oh WTF sears don't open till 10:00 am.
  13. popeye

popeye Active Member

Lol I get a little giddy when I get new toys too.
  14. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I'm going to Sears today and get that e-torque wrench! Sweet!
  15. FLHTbiker

Go on black Friday CB, I usually avoid stores on that day but they could have it on sale Friday.

Snap On, MAC Tools that are made by them are all good tool but Craftsman tools have really come a long way and are also now good tools. That torque wrench very well could be made by the same outfit that makes the Snap On.
  16. cardboard

Got ahold of sears, they tole me they have sold them to mechanics that had to git their own tools. And the mechanics has liked them.
    And non of them has come back.
  17. popeye

popeye Active Member

Manufactured by Danaher, they also make Matco's Wrenches. Don't think you can go wrong there.
  18. FLHTbiker

Yep, they own a whole bunch of companies. MAC Tools is owned by Stanley.

Did you know that MAC and MATCO used to be the same company under MAC Tools and the two principle owners split and now there is MAC and MATCO which both were eventually bought up by big conglomerates.
    Snap ON I believe is still Snap-On owned by Snap-On, course that could have changed sense the days when I was in the tool business.