1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Just lookin to jaw a bit

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by DrJ644, Jan 22, 2008.

1. DrJ644

DrJ644 New Member

Hi Folks,
    Just lookin to jaw a bit. To cold to ride by me. 7 below tonight.
    Got myself a set of V&H big radius for my 04 Dyna custom , cant wait to hear them.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

welcome dr........grab a stool and a cool adult beverage!!! have fun!!:)
  3. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

welcome in have fun and its about 12 in KY tonight:D
  4. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Rode today... Was 35 when I left this a.m., 52 in p.m. 'Bout the same tomorrow, gonna go for it... Only problem was fog... Visibility was .25 mile... Not too bad... Got worse when I got to school...:)
  5. RKBud

RKBud Active Member

Well, I bought my bike about a month ago. The last time I rode was 40yrs ago on my Honda 750. Now that I have my Road King I would expect that global warming is not an issue. Someone tell Al Gore that I have a bike.
    They keep teasing me on the weather. First is was going to be in the 60's this weekend and now they are talking about mid 40s with sleet and snow in the PM. I can handle the temps but no go on the ice stuff.
    Sure glad to be part of this group.:)
  6. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

My thermometer shows 12 below right now. Wind is still blowing the snow around. They say wind chill is -25. I'm thinkin I'll take the truck to work tomorrow and leave the Chubby Glide tucked away in it's nice warm garage.
    Spring can't come soon enough for me !!:gah:
  7. chucktx

wow...now that is cold jake..........dont need a cooler for the beer this month!!!!!!! :D
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Ice and snow in Texas

Coming from north of the 49th where ice and snow is a way of life..or better put, in Banff, Alberta Canada, where summer is three months of bad skiing. I'm having a bit of a time wrapping my head around the ice and snow that far south. Riding on ice sucks..unless you're on an ice racer...spring is two months away..hang tough!!!!!!
  9. chucktx

must be global warming, that is why there is so much ice and snow so far south!!!!!!!!!!!! blame gore........:banghead:
  10. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Well it bottomed out a 23 below this morning, then I turn on the news and that idiot Gore is talking about how global warming is even way worse than even the biggest backers of it thought it would be. Geeeze. Well, it's sposed to turn around here for awhile now. Couple months and we'll be ridin again. Better start lookin at tires.
  11. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Welcome DrJ644,
    I haven't rode for a few days either been in the 30's and 40's here, (Yeah I know some of yall think thats a hear wave! These ol bones don't warm up as fast as they used to) but...Sat Sun and Mon will be riding days again, Al
  12. blue_ultra

blue_ultra New Member

weather

It's going to be in the 60's here in N.Ga tomorrow, I think I'll ride to work in the morning.
  13. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Sunday we were in the 70's I had a choice to go riding or watch the game. No Brainer, went riding and the weather was great. Today (Mon.) it was even better got up in the 80's so i combined some business with pleasure and enjoyed another day of riding, but its going to cool off again. Al
  14. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

Rode in my T-shirt Mon the 4 of February it was about 75 or better. A front is comming through and will cool down a bit next week Prob upper 60's to low 70's for the weekend. Riding will be good
  15. fireitup

fireitup New Member

ice

ice on my windshield this a.m.Ice all over my vehicle. Couldn't unlock the door to my vehicle had to run the key through my lighters flame to heat it up. Once I got the door unlocked couldn't get it opened. Froze shut. Finally got it open. Had no scraper for the ice on the windsheild had to use a credit card. Good lord. And I thought it was going to get warm. I was riding a few weeks ago. Now its all snow and ice again.