1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Just Saying Hello

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 22, 2015.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

How is everyone here doing lately? I pop in every once in a while but there doesn't seem to much traffic.

Not a lot going on with me or my ride. I have Dom small issues that need to be addressed on the Road Glide but nothing major. I am about to order a new cam plate and oil pump as there is 75k on the originals. I still haven't made anymore progress with Sportster as I am considering on going ahead and reconfiguring the bike. No decision yet but I do need to make one soon as the wife wants it running soon.

Anyways, just thought I would pop in and say hello. Hello!
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Hey, Johnny. Raining here right now and should clear out by this afternoon. It's been borderline cold for me to ride the past few days, but looks like I should be able to get some riding in by the end of the week when temps will reach the upper 60s.

I haven't been on the forum as much as I used to be. My shovel still has shifting issues with 1st gear and a very pesky tranny main seal oil leak. I think I have fixed it about 3 times already LOL.

I thought Whiplash was a good, strong running bike from what I remember you saying, but I know how much you like making improvements, too. Hope it all works out for you.
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

It was a good running machine until it ate a piston retaining clip. o_O
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I remember now. Ugh! You may recall some of the problems I had with my build. So far, the bottom end is holding up nicely - the only thing I haven't had to mess with yet. I have no idea how many miles are on it. If or when it goes, I will do a complete engine rebuild - but until that time, I will ride . . .
  5. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Hey JB? Winter TRANSISSION over here. Bike washed, waxed, gas tank topped off, a splash of star tron, trickle charger on and covered. Snow blower up front and snow shovel by the front door. Sucks.
  6. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Yep, same here. Winter mats and rims/tires on car and truck, bike away in storage, also keeping a friend's bike out of the elements this year, snow thrower facing the door ready for action, 4 wheeler tuned and ready for groomed trails later this winter once the snow freezes and packs down. Snow in forecast this afternoon...
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Got down in the 50's last night, had to put a second blanket on the bed,
    nice thing is it's too warm for heat and too cool for AC, finally a break on the power bill.
  8. Silent-Dutch

Silent-Dutch Active Member

Riding one weak shoving the next lol put the bike to bed friday