1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Kings Tire from mitsutomo

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Anybody hear of these tires? What quality are they? Thanks.:devil:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

no help here.....sorry....................:)
  3. Lucifer

Kinda a bit of help chuck....If nobody heard or used a pair, probably not a very good tire. You get what you pay for 99% of the time, I'll let my bud know, he wanted to find out a bit about them before stocking them.
  4. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

wasing alot looking into tires awhile back and never came across these
  5. floridabikes

floridabikes New Member

mitsutomo tires

These are good tires. We are not soliciting. We are just answering your question. We do sell them, they are rated for 130 MPH. They are limited to one model 21" tire, a 90/90/21, then matching sets, 130 wide front and rear 16" tires and one front ribbed design 19" and soon, in a few weeks to have not only the 130 x 16 rear tire, but 140 rear 150 and up to 160 x 16, rear wide tires. all tires other than the ribbed front pattern, has a 402 tread pattern, and you cannot tell these tires apart from a Dunlop tire, the compound and even the feel of the tire, feels and looks like a Dunlop excepot for the name, and they come in blackwall only. These imported tires are coming to US soon to be a low cost replacement tire. We have sold 16" wheels with these tires mounted and had everyone very satidifed with there decision to go this way. So, if you found a dealer that has these for a fair price, I would go with it. I have VISA tires on our Nissan Altima car, and they ride as nice as tires that cost 3 - 4 times as much.
  6. floridabikes

floridabikes New Member

mitsutomo tires

I sent a message to you, but do not know if I sent it right, That is why I am sending this message again. These are good tires. We are not soliciting. We are just answering your question. We do sell them, they are rated for 130 MPH. They are limited to one model 21" tire, a 90/90/21, then matching sets, 130 wide front and rear 16" tires and one front ribbed design 19" and soon, in a few weeks to have not only the 130 x 16 rear tire, but 140 rear 150 and up to 160 x 16, rear wide tires. all tires other than the ribbed front pattern, has a 402 tread pattern, and you cannot tell these tires apart from a Dunlop tire, the compound and even the feel of the tire, feels and looks like a Dunlop excepot for the name, and they come in blackwall only. These imported tires are coming to US soon to be a low cost replacement tire. We have sold 16" wheels with these tires mounted and had everyone very satidifed with there decision to go this way. So, if you found a dealer that has these for a fair price, I would go with it. I have VISA tires on our Nissan Altima car, and they ride as nice as tires that cost 3 - 4 times as much.
  7. Lucifer

Yeah thanks, my bud stocked the tires and sold a decent number of them. So far everyone that bought one is happy with them.No problems came back to him anyway. What kind of mileage can you expect from them? The tread pattern is the same as Dunlop, are they a medium compound tire?..Not Sportbike soft...but not so hard that cool and wet weather are dangerous?
    :devil:
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  8. floridabikes

floridabikes New Member

Mitsutomo Kings tires

We have only carried these for 6 months. I would say that depends on your driving habits, and speed, but I would say similar to Dunlop. These tires have a 4 plie tread and 4 plie sidewall, nylon. Load range C. Tubeless tires, and they are DOT International approved. I feel these would be very good in hot/cold/ dry/wet, all road conditions. International laws are stricker than here in US, so just that statement goews a long way. And as I said soon in a week or so, we will have, not only 130 rear, but 140 150 and up to 160 rear tires. We also have a full line of wheels for HD as well.
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thanks for your info..............:)
  10. Lucifer

Yeah, thanks for the info,I'm prolly gonna be changing tires soon and will try out a set for when I take my lady for a tour of the Bay of Fundy,down the Nova Scotia side then ferry across the Bay to New Brunswick then back up thru NB(she likes seeing lighthouses(lots there) and the Fundy region is a popular feeding ground for a large number of different species of whales)and back home to Cape Breton.Roughly a 2000 mile round trip and I think I'll be ready for new rubber by the time we go.
    I am also thinking of putting a larger rear tire on without any mods to the rear end. I'm thinking I can put a 140 on and have no issues,anyone else do a 140 or 150?? Its an '03 RK.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  11. floridabikes

floridabikes New Member

mitsutomo tires

The ride you are planning sounds awesome. We would love to take the time to go on a ride like that. We have been setting up alot of wheels for bikes with 130 front and 150 rear tires set ups, we sell to bike shops so ,we do not know if they need pulley offsets or change in axle spacers. You willl know when the tire is hanging over the side of the wheel. This set up is what some of the the new bikes are running stock, except for the 200 wide tire models. Asude from this tire. The biggest seller of wheels this year is the Fat spoked wheels. Mamouth 52 spoke , 3/8" thick, and we stock for most all bikes. A bit pricey but they used to cost double what they sell for now. We have one customer in Newfoundland, Canada. He builds bikes and I helped him put a HD, wideglide front end on a Yamaha Roadstar and it now looks like a tricked out harley. He painted it the new color in that dull black like HD is using. Ceramic and chrome pipes
  12. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Floridabiker

where are you in FL do you have a shop?
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

lucifer, I went with a 140 on my 03 E glide don't think a 150 will fit , as the 140 is real close to the drive belt , but has not rubbed at all , put it on a few months back :cool:
  14. Lucifer

Thanks cowboy:) , I was looking at it yesterday ,and figured a 150 was definately too wide and a 140 would be very close. There really isn't a lot of room between the belt and the 130 thats on it now. It's something to think about,I'll put a 130 and 140 side by side to see if what I gain in contact patch is really worth it.
  15. floridabikes

floridabikes New Member

We are in Palm Bay, Fl. Near Melbourne, 1 1/2 South of Daytona, we did the Bike Week show at the speedway back on March, but that was the last one, too much work bringing ever part to build and/or customize a bike plus rollers and finished customs, and accesories. We have an office and a warehouse. We sell thru ebay, seller ID: floridabikeparts, Store name: Affordable Cycles,email, floridabikes@aol.com, and maintain a 100% excellent rating. I came on the forum to try to find out what people are interested in, and answer questions when I can. like with the imported tires.
  16. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Lucifer I run the metzer tire's There a little wider then the Dunlop & to me hold the road better ,& the 140 fits real good , as long as the tire wont hit the drive belt your good to go :cool:
  17. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I'll have to drop by sometime, I'm in Mouseville with the touristas!