1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Kirbys head work

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Jun 26, 2012.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

top notch is all i can say ! guide work was awesome for the small amount of port work that was done . these heads flow .going to the late model style valves made the valve train lighter and flowed better around the shorturn and port area . bottom and top end power greatly improved . it takes quite a bit for me to say wow ! but the wow factor is there with the geezer glide for sure. still a little tweaking here and there . but its almost perfect then ill set the air fuel on the dyno.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Cool, all you need is my woods 505 Rebel carb kit with
    super light titanium needle and you won't be able to keep the
    front wheel down.
  3. baggerpaul

im skeered of the titanium needle ill loose control lol
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Awesome. I am looking forward to when I can get some of those heads. Hey I forgot to ask you. At one point you were talking about doing something with the valves that would help give some more room in the quench or tighter quench. Was it an oversized valve or something like that?
  5. baggerpaul

well what i was explanation that we were talking about was . diffrent valves give diffrent cc amounts due to the volume area in the cumbustion chamber . if the valve is flat like the top of a piston the volume in the chamber will also be affected . if you would use a valve that is dished it would be less . but very minute amounts but they due add up . also making sure the valves are un shrouded . the tighter the quench the better as far as im concerned . (that you can get away with that is) lol . kirby decided the valve sizes for the cam and intake close points 1.900 1.585 . I respect the path he chose for the heads and they work great .
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is what it was, a dished valve.... Something like a 1cc dish if I remember right?