1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

KML Wheel Bearings

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lucifer, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Are they any good??? When I cleaned up the bearings in the black rimmed wheel that's going on my Evo...I could barely read the name on it without my glasses:mad: but it didn't look like a Timken....checked the stock wheel that was beside it and I could read Timken even without my glasses:D...
    Just wondering about the quality...I googled KML and they're a Chinese company:rolleyes: so I'm wondering about the quality and should I punch them out and put in a set of Timken bearings and races...I have 2 bearings(Timkens) that are going in the cast FXR wheel I'm putting on the rear of the Evo and they have 2 more in stock at the dealer....

Thoughts on the KML bearings quality....
  2. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

:roflmao:If your looking for moral support about ching chang bearings you aint getting it from me, timken for you canadian boy!!!!:rant:put real bearings in there will ya
  3. Lucifer

:roflmao:Thanks BP, real bearings going in...:D The cage does look pretty cheap,I thought it was plastic at first glance....
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

are they from Princess Auto..you got them out east? I bought a set of bearing from them for the tent trailer I pull behind the bike. that was before I started taking millwrighting at school but I didn't have to wait untill I went to school to see what cheaping out can do, you kind of get what you pay for.
  5. Lucifer

No they're not from Princess Auto,but you're right they're second rate...I bought the wheel a few years ago, I didn't think it came with bearings,spacer and seals but when I found my stock wheel with the seals still intact and the missing axle spacer still sticking out from the seal I knew my stock stuff was still in there....I'm glad I took it apart because it wasn't greased very well either...