1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Lady got parkin ticket

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, May 14, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Well, I think she has a small point but, If she is anything like the broads around my home town, and (I'm going to risk stereotyping here) based on the Escalade, she probably is, she thinks her s__t is more important than anyone else's and went for the shade tree for her prescious black SUV. The town atty said that and apparently it's been a problem. BUT, no signs may be a SMALL point in her favor, however she crossed a curb which is always a no no. They could have posted a warning sign about the extreme fines. She could probably get it reduced. But I say "Hang 'Em!"
    :roflmao:
  3. cardboard

Bet if'n its like a lot of Ball Parks they really fill up super fast and there's no place left to park.
    Its tough that the city likes to run over folks like this to prove a point.
    Personally I hope she wins.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I say hang he to!

Wife and I were riding to dinner last night and a car started drifting over into my lane. Backed off and then it went back into its lane and then back over towards my lane. I pulled into the far outside lane and pulled up so I could see the driver. :rolleyes: Women on her cell phone. Man, I was pissed, she risked my life just to illegally talk on her cell phone. I pulled into the middle lane and laid on my horn, got the bad boy loud horn. Women looks over and I motioned to get off the cell phone, as expected I get the finger. But she got the message and its illegal here to be on the cell phone and drive. Would love to have seen her get a ticket so yea, hang em.
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I can appreciate this one. I see so many people on their phones while driving. The thing that bothers me the most is text while driving. here in Sota it is not illegal to talk on the phone while driving but is to text while driving and only for teenagers....:gah::gah:
  6. Fatboy128

'round these parts, the shorter the woman the bigger the SUV!
    Talking on the cell is one thing, I had a broad come up on me so fast (I was doing 35 in a 30 zone) at the last second she looked up from TEXTING and slamed on the brakes. I had to pull over and wait for my knees to stop shaking. She actually was obnoxious and said "well, I was texting *******!" If guns were legal here I'd be in the slammer.
  7. cardboard

The lady that parked her car didn't put anybody life in Danger.......:gah:
    She simply didn't have a parkin place from what it seems and the city wanted to make a example out of her.
    Everybody seems to want folks jobs and wants them to pay out the wahoo.
    And that is simply wrong.
    More cities need sensitivity training.
    Everybody ain't bad.
    We got enough folks in jail now.
  8. FLHTbiker

Maybe she didn't put anyone in danger but its like this: Signs were posted all over the place and she chose to ignore them. Like the city guy said the $15.00 fines were not working. Anyone knows that a red painted curb means restricted. She figured that it must have meant it was reserved for her:rolleyes:. While I agree the fine is pretty high I'll bet she does not park in the grass again and it may make her think twice about doing her own thing when she knows she is not supposed to. Just think, if they let everyone get away with it the grass would be torn to shreds, there would be garbage all over the place and she would probably hit somebody pulling off the grass or better yet sue the city when she pulls off the grass and bottoms her car out on the curb and rips her muffler off. :rolleyes: She deserves what she got.
  9. cardboard

I'd sit my ass in jail till my fine is Paid. Wouldn't give the city a Plug nickle if they want to come up with that kind of find.
    Why couldn't you park on the grass if the parkin lot if full.
    And who is the park really for, who is the city really for.
    There is no need to have grass if you can't git on it.
  10. Fatboy128

When any law is ignored, no matter how stupid it seems, that is the beginning of anarchy! And lately here in the USA, there seems to be a total lack of accountability for ones actions. I hate that!
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I wasn't going to watch it, but after all the commentary...

My two cents:

The video mentions quickly in the beginning that she passed open spaces. Perhaps she wasn't capable of parking that monster in a regular space, or she was in too much of a hurry or too lazy to walk.

I don't have a problem with the ticket. She can afford it, and it isn't like she had to rush her kid in for emergency surgery. They said the game was all day. Drop the kid off and go find a space. :wtf:

I think the video was probably edited to leave out the reason why parking along that curb was illegal. I imagine it's a fire lane. So when that woman's kid gets hit in a head with a baseball bat and the ambulance can't get there, who's going to get sued? $850 is cheaper than having your Escalade pushed out of the way by an American LaFrance.
  12. FLHTbiker

You got it, :)
  13. cardboard

Ya know the video goes to show, it only shows one side of what is happening really.
    When I had a locksmith company, I had to park in a emergency zone more than one time. Had a Kid locked in a car and it was 99* outside.
    And had somebody that got locked out of their condo and they had food on the stove cookin.
    The wrecker driver who was gonna tow my Van full of tools off and the Police didn't seem to care.
    It was like when you was a Kid. Don't walk on the grass.
    Why have grass if you can't walk on it.
    And as far as a emergency vehicle gittin threw.
    Got a buddy that is a CAptain with a fire dept. he said. They don't worry about a door being locked or a vehilce in the way.
    The fire truck can push it out of the way.
    And they cut 2 doors open that cost 3000.00 each and they wasn't even locked.
  14. JohnnyBiker

This is so the truth. If people used their common sense we wouldn't be having discussions like this one. The law is the law and those who do not follow it belong to get punished for it. I agree with you on this Fatboy128, AWESOME POST brother!!!
  15. cardboard

Sometimes the law don't stipulate, it goes by the book and nothin else.

That's another reason I won't live in the city where ya'll live with all yer rules.
    I live in the country and you don't have all yer probems.
  16. JohnnyBiker

I do not live in a big city at all. The trick to not getting into trouble is to obey the simple things that are asked of us. When you see a sign that specifically says not to do something and you go ahead and do it, well, that kind of indicates the intelligence level of any individual. Laws apply to those that live in the country as well dude....:rolleyes:
  17. cardboard

Out here you can park in the grass or in the ditch and they don't seem to bother you.Ain't got the signs stickin everywhere .
    Don't care for all the laws.
    Too many folks in the Big Cities, that's why they have so many laws and people being Towed.
    The Big Cities need yer money.:fight:
  18. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If the law says don't park here, then don't, or if you do, write the check...

Personal responsibility. Sit in Jail and write the check or write the check..

what was that song?

Don't do the crime
    if you can't do the time!
  19. FLHTbiker

A waist of breath :rolleyes:
  20. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

well I was exhaling anyway LOL