1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Last weekend.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

Rode the wing over to the Baytown Hot Shoe dirt track national. Really cool watching the big XR750s tear up the half mile. Chris Carr, Joe Kopp, AJ Eslick, and a host of other GNC pros were there. I was to do an interview with a young Texas AMA GNC pro, Jason Tyer. Well, Jason didn't show. Seems he got clocked on his R1 Yamaha headed south from Dallas at something around 175 mph and they popped him for evading arrest. :eek: Well, his dad/tuner, Prez, was a bit POed, so I just shot pix and will do an article on the event rather than Jason I guess.

Anyway, Vintage Dirt Track Racing Asso. was running during the day. I caught this ol' hoss taking a well deserved rest. It's a KR750 flat head. Suspension? We don't need no stinkin's suspension! :D Guy must no be as hardy as the originals who rode these things. Notice the disc brake conversion on the back? Well, I guess it's a working horse, but you'd think the class would require original running gear.

http://img182.exs.cx/img182/3429/img0190fm.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2005