1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Leaning to the right

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Jul 25, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I'm tired of taking my bike to the dealer, since no one can find the problem. Earlier this year I was out riding and doing some good cornering. I noticed the front end got soft in a tight rough corner. When coming home on the interstate yesterday I noticed that the bike seems to lean to the right when going straight down the road. The left side of the fairing is higher than the right side. I know the bike hasn't always been like that but trying to convince a tech is almost impossible. Seems that the bike should be level when riding down the road when not cornering. Could I possibly have a weak or broken right fork spring? Has anyone had a similar problem? Should have had the dealer install new progressive springs when the fairing was all apart. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

check the forks for leaks, did any one do a service on the forks??? maybe they didnt get the correct amounts in each one.....check the swing arm, and rear shocks....are they air?? leaking??
  3. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I haven't had anyone do service on the forks. No leaks either. I haven't checked the rear shocks for leaks. If one shock has a leak will the air leak out for both shocks? I was wanting to install progressive springs in the near future but am worried that the job is over my head. Thanks for the info.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

putting new springs in the front is pretty straight forward, if you have the service manual....and the parts book is a plus!!!!!!! it will show the assembly procedure!!!!
  5. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

I had to rebuild the front forks on my sporty after the run in with the van. It isn't terribly hard at all. Like Chuck said pretty straight foward. Having a good graduated measuring device (mL pref) is quite helpful. I knew that graduated cylinder I snagged in college would come in handy someday LOL. I went to the heavier oil too and improved the ride a bit.