1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Leather upholstery care

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by jturuk, Jul 23, 2007.

1. jturuk

jturuk New Member

Was wondering what should and shouldn't be done to the leather on the bike?

Thanks
    John
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

if it is the seat, DO NOT put Armour All on it....makes it slippary as goose crap...also don't get that stuff on the drive surface of the tires.......same problem!
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if you are taking care of real leather, use a quality leather cleaner and then follow with something to protect it. if naugahide (sp)....(i wonder how many of their hides it takes to make a seat????hmmmmm!)...anyway, use the same soap as used on the bike and dry well. i use mink oil on my leather stuff, seems to repel water pretty good.....hope this helps, and have fun!!
  4. fubar

fubar New Member

i use snow seal

its a great water proofer boots -gloves -ect.. its made from bees wax awesome stuff best ive seen in yrs i also been using like 15 yrs check it out you'll love it
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

ya telling me you've never hunted nagas before:roflmao: they run with the snipe don'tcha know:roflmao:
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Hd has some good leather protectant, Corbin makes great stuff for leather, it's got some UV blockers and other stuff to help keep the seat from discoloring over time.

Living in FL I'll tell you the sun is hard on leather parts.

Be sure to get a good leather cleaner, then protect it.

Doc Baileys stuff will turn anything back to black and has some water protectants in it, be sure to wear some plastic gloves or you'll turn your hands black for a couple of days.