1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Left in the dust of an 883

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by GreyBear, May 10, 2007.

1. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    I got the new issue (May June) of Hog Tales today. I consider myself a pretty seasoned biker. I haven' put less than 10K on a bike in a lot of years...and have done 25K. Buttoday I was HUMBLED. I did the ABC's of touring and did OK made 15 states and racked up 67 points. But this lady from Kansas City KS...Damn I stand in awe. She made ALL 48 of the continental states, nine Canadian provinces, 20 state HOG rallies and racked up almost 43,000 miles riding alone, holding a full time job....and riding an 883 sporty! DAMN!!!! I take my hat off to this lady....what an experience.

Ride Free......
    Bear, who USED to call himself a serious rider lol
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Now that's a rider , she must have a lot of vaction time every year to ride all those states & work full time
    :cool:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

her full time job may be a reporter/writer of some sort........that would be cool....gettin paid to ride your scoot and report on what ya saw!!!!!!!!
    but i think i would do it on a geezer glide........
  4. mechwarrior2141

mechwarrior2141 New Member

:eek: WOW! i have yet to break 5k on my bike........
  5. Peyts

Peyts New Member

She sounds like the perfect wife... NEVER HOME TO BUG ME DURING THE GAME. :)
  6. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Funny Man, Funny!!!:roflmao: :)
  7. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Perfect wife

LMAO, yeah but what about the ribbing you would be taking because while your laid up on the sofa watching the game...your old lady is out in the wind racking up miles....ROF on the other hand...what about one that would be allup for taking a 3K weekend jaunt....very kewl

Ride Free........