1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Left over potatos

Discussion in 'Roadkill Cafe - From Kill to Grill' started by cowboy, Dec 1, 2009.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

A lot of time we have left over mash potatos , so many years ago I started to fry them , light butter or that spray stuff warm pan drop i the potatos & flatten them out I use a low fire & cover for a few minutes till colden brown & flip & do the same on the second side , I then spread some shreded cheese over them & soft melt it & serve as side dish
    good with eggs or for dinner :D
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Cowboy, I've done the same thing for years, there great. :)
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

same here.......sometimes i use sour cream and chives on them.....similar to a twice baked potato............
  4. cowboy

yep I've been doing it for many years as well all the kids love them & now all the grand kids , I made some for dinner last night & thought I would share it , I will have to try the sour cream sounds good :cool:
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

It's called lafsa. kinda like a potao tortilla, with red beans, and butter...........oh and beer
  6. FLHTbiker

Wife cooked me up some home made taco salad tonight. Cook hamburger (lean) in a pan with taco seasoning. Cook till done. Take yellow tortilla chips and break up into small pieces and spread out on your plate. Put the Taco seasoned hamburger on top of the chips. Spread graded cheese over the top. If you let it get cold the cheese won't melt do you may have to nuke it a bit. Add lettuce, tomato's then apply your favorite taco salsa around the edges. Add your favorite salad dressing (mine is Honey Mustard) and then finish with a bit of sour cream on top. Everyone fixes there own and makes for Dang good eating let me tell you. Enjoy :)
  7. cowboy

that sounds good ,i grew up on mex food so i like to try a lot of different dish's
  8. chucktx

sounds nearly like a frito pie!!!!!!!
  9. FLHTbiker

Yea the wife started doing those a few years ago and it just kinda evolved. She even now dumps cooked corn on them to.
  10. chucktx

that sounds good also!!!!!!!jalapenos on the side!!!!
  11. FLHTbiker

I love jalapenos.... When ever we have gone for China food I always have to have a bowl of their spicy hot mustard. It ain't good until the top of your head starts to sweat and your sinus passages get cleared out. Yea :p:D
  12. chucktx

i love the mustard.....great dippin for the eggrolls and chicken/pork strips!!! cant do the red sauce in the bottle on the table tho............one little drop..........like a gallon of the mustard!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. FLHTbiker

I always get a lot of comments from anyone who went to dinner with us when I do the hot mustard. Love that flavor.