1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Less we Forgit

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jul 17, 2013.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

DO NOT ADD A SINGLE WORD

Yes, he told us in advance what he planned to do. Few were listening.

The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press'.

From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11 : 48 : 04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Gann' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

NOW GET THIS !!

'Senator Obama replied :

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides". "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression.." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."

(ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???)

Obama continued : "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ...."

When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America "

Yes, you read it right.

I, for one, am speechless!!!

Dale Lindsborg , Washington Post
  2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

I was going to say what an ass wipe but we all know that...Who gives a rats ass what other people in other countries think of our flag? I think I will stop here...
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Two words, Dirt bag
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

How can I forget what that commie said & how all the sheep just went along following him & how his wife said that was the first time she was proud to a American :cussing::gah:,Like marc55 I 'll stop there or get bleep bleep
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

7. cardboard

8. hotroadking

If ya are gonna throw rocks at someone
    at least make sure ya can hit the target... :p

This stuff just makes us look petty and uninformed
    and its designed most often by someone on the libtard side
    wanting to see how many right wingers will
    circulate it and then they laugh at us for keeping it going :rant:

CB I'm surprised you mocked your favorite brutha... :roflmao:
  9. cardboard

Want people that voted for you know whom , I don't like what you gave me.
  10. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I prefer to judge a person in public office by what they do, rather than what they may or may not have said. Actions really do speak louder than words and I try to keep things in perspective by remembering there's a lot of people out there with axes to grind . . .
  11. hotroadking

Ya gotta wonder,

Zippy the wonder putz - Obammer
    Zippers Motorcycle stuff- CB

hmm..... zippy de doo da boys...
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Actions really do speak louder than words
    Enough said