1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Life's Peaks And Valleys

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Oct 4, 2014.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

As we all know life just throws a bunch of stuff at us each and every day. For the most part, I haven't had to deal with a lot of major drama in my life, drama that I didn't create anyway. Well, life just threw me a pretty big curveball here in the last couple of weeks and I am not sure really how I feel about it other than the initial anger that I experienced.

I just found out that JohnnyBiker is going to be grandpa. Like I said, not sure on how to feel about this because there is a lot of layers to this saga. A lot of mixed emotions. Anyways, since I do feel that we are a family, I thought I would share this with you. All I know is that the man upstairs has a sense of humor.
  2. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Well, I guess if your offspring is out of the home and settled in life it is a very happy stress free time in your life. If things are not quite like that, it is still good news, just tempered with a bit more stress and confusion. Either way, I feel there are three big milestones in life, marriage, fatherhood, and grandparent. The rest is the just the $%#@ we do to get to those stages. If your getting the grandparent one done, then you likely did an OK to pretty good job at the first two.
    Good luck with diaper changes again!;)
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I think, despite the method, you will find being a granddaddy is truly a blessing from above. And depending on how you handle it, you and HotRider , the two of you will be earthly blessings for your daughter! Congratulations !!!!
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  4. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Brother the man upstairs will bend your kness but he will not break your back .focus on being a daddy like you do .support her and continue to pray for wisdom and guidance .you will fall in love with the baby before its even born thats what grandparents do. Congrats as well like i told you before .
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  5. JohnnyBiker

Thanks. It isn't really a good situation but as BP said, I will love this baby no matter what. My daughter is way way too young for this but it happened for a reason. I am only 38 and I was really hoping this wouldn't happen until I was at least 45. Oh well.
  6. Roadster guy

Some of the best events in world history happened by accident. You'll get through it, and BP and Fatboy said it best, a blessing. Of course, Fatboy's likely on meds from his knee issue, so he might not even know what he typed...;)
    JohnnyBiker likes this.
  7. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'll agree with the rest. It may not seem like it right now but given time it will work out for the best. I have an older sister who came into the world in a situation similar to yours, way too early. It wasn't easy for them. [ I wasn't around , just heard this many years after the fact] but things eventually worked out for them and it'll all work out for you. God Bless
  8. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd give anything to be a granddady. My best to all parties
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Johnny my advice is to just love them both with all your heart and support your daughter in everyway. I say this but I have a feeling that's exactly what you'll do. I also went through that with my daughter and understand. Be strong hang in there but as I said and know you will just love your daughter and the baby.
  10. JohnnyBiker

I will and thank you. Just a lot of deception in the meantime. Hot Rider thinks it's a girl! Great, more estrogen in thus house! :(
  11. JohnnyBiker

Thanks Charlie. Sorry about your boy. :(
  12. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Johnny biker..I feel your pain.multiply your dilemma by 3 and that's my life. All 3 of my kids crunked. I have 2 single mother daughters. And my son rushed into a relationship with a psycho. He's doing his best to hang in there for his daughter.

I can tell you the grandkids are precious.

All three situations caused all 3 kids life to be infinitely harder then they need to be. That's what happens when you lie and connive. Me and momma stayed true and are doing real wel we feel bad but they caused it,they can own it.

Being a grampy rocks. I been one for 13 years and feel it's not there fault their parents are idiots. I spoil them with four wheelers,xbox's,ps3's,games..and Awsome vacations where I just take the grandkids.
  13. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

well best of Luck to ya'll , Been there done that we raised 3 of our oldest daughters Kids , we have 11 grandkids theres a few of them I would lay my life down for & theres a few I wouldn't give ya a plug nickel for a bit like the luck of the draw ,
  14. JohnnyBiker

I will the spoil the kid that is for sure. I do hope greatly that this will really show my daughter how easy she had it. So young and she just made her life so hard. Hard to take.
  15. Roadster guy

Any ETA yet or you'd prefer to keep the date within the household?
  16. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I just had my 6 year old grandson and my 16 month old grandaughter over the house by myself for over 4 hours last night...wasn't bad actually. My grandaughter just loves me and likes being around me all the time for some reason. The 6 year old guy is happy as a clam in front of my Xbox(I bought one to have when the grands come over. Don't even know how to turn it on). In doses its fun. If it becomes like a job...not doing it, I raised my kids. Not doing it again. Once kids turn 14-15 and up they tend to suck.
  17. JohnnyBiker

Have a good idea tomorrow.
  18. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Could it be that you look like Santa?!? Just saying.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  19. JohnnyBiker

Today my daughter had an ultrasound and the ETA is in early April. All things are looking good so far according to the doctor.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  20. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

+1.