1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Light House Run

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 14, 2008.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We went to the Light House Run in Coos Bay Oregon last weekend. Picture looking down at the water has Sea Lions in the water. Here are a few pics.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. FLHTbiker

Here are a few other pics and one is a real Rate Bike
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Can't say much for the rat bike :puke: , But the rest look good also looks kinda cool up there what with everybody wearing leathers
  4. FLHTbiker

In the morning when we took off I had my electric liner and gloves on as the temp. was 35 F but sunny. The high temp of the day was 65 F but the wind was blowing to. Rat bikes aren't my cup of tea either and downwind from it actually it had a bad smell.
  5. FLHTbiker

Here are a couple more pics from the Lighthouse Run in Coose Bay on HWY 101.

1. picture of us at the Beachcombers restaurant Florence Ore. great place if your ever there.
    2. Canny factory in Bandon where they make all kinds of great chocolate candies, their cranberry chocolate was great.
    3. A carving from driftwood of dolphins
    This was a fun rally not large but 400 people on the Oregon Coast for a bike rally in October is pretty dang good.
  6. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

If that is who i think it is he was at ROT Rally this year in the camp next to ours surely there cant be TWO of those in the world that guy lived in CO somewhere independently wealthy cause all he said he does is ride around the country from place to place seeing things.
  7. FLHTbiker

Nope this guy lives in Oregon around Coose Bay area, however he was at the 105th and does travel around the country. He owns a small tool supply outlet in Coose Bay Oregon. To me all the Rat bikes look alike.
  8. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

That is to cool. I like to look at them wouldn't want to own one, kinda like a Gold Wing!!! oops Sorry no offense to any one.
  9. FLHTbiker

Tiny, the owner of the Rate bike told us he bought the bike back in the 70's and it was a police bike. He still has the siren on it and working. He had to replace the motor once he told us. What we thought was funny was the way he starts it. He has a kill switch made from a house hold light switch and then uses one of those fireplace long metal lighters to start it. He lights the thing and with flame coming out shorts it to a wire up front. His head light switch is a house hold light switch also, pretty bizarre for sure. The bike fires right up and actually runs very well. The guy is a tall lean and clean cut guy in his late 40's to early 50's and does he like to talk. Not for me but was an interesting conversation piece.
    Used to own a Goldwing and we called them a sewing machine as they ran smooth and quiet but lacked any feeling.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  10. Mayor

Mayor New Member

11. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Sounds like one of my first bikes. Spit - bailin wire -and bubble gum with bobby pins to hold it together. Brush painted with barn paint and many fond memories.