1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Looking for cheaper H-D parts

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by rickster, Jan 15, 2008.

1. rickster

rickster New Member

A while back someone mentioned a dealership around the Chicago area, I think they said 20% off H-D parts. Can anyone help me with a name or website? Thanks
  2. duke76

duke76 New Member

3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Best prices on anything, metric, HD, aftermarket, call Jenni, always 20% off sometimes more, reasonable shipping charges, (Charleston WV isn't Chicago if you know what I mean LOL)

YOu will need the PN to order she's not a clerk that will find parts for you so get the CCI, Drag, or HD book out and give her a PN.

If you buy for Metric she can help as well, I've seen 25% off on some parts.

JENNI SAPYTA
    408 4 TH ST
    HUNTINGTON, WV 25701
    1-304-523-1340 EXT 236
    Huntington, West Virginia, Harley-Davidson, Motorcycle, Dealer, Used, Parts, Service, Financing

JSapyta@aol.com
  4. rickster

rickster New Member

Thanks for the replies, I'm looking to put on a chrome front end & other bling on my ultra. Have a swap meet coming up in my area in 3 weeks, & my H.O.G. will be taking a bus trip to J&P cycles a week before that here in Iowa. Getting a decent snow storm here right now & bitterly cold this weekend.
    Unlike some of you I can just dream about tinkering on or riding my bike, so I thought I would research some cheaper parts alternitives.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

rick just be sure to add in the shipping cost before you buy I have seen some parts cheeper to buy at home once you add shipping in :eek:
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

7. rickster

rickster New Member

I did check some prices, better deal when you add in shipping on the higher priced items that were discounted than lower priced ones. I did check out that other thread also, thanks. I've even checked out e-bay, hard tell'in what you may get, can't believe so many try to sell at so close to H-D prices.
    Rick
  8. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

just be careful if you deal with some of the folks on the net. if they have really cheap prices you may get really cheap parts. if you can't verify the quality or send them back if they aren't, don't deal with them. some people wiil take your money and not send anything then dissapear. i try to deal with people that have been around awhile. i have delt with j&p, no problems. i have gotten parts from ebay, ebay has a feedback system that helps you decide if a seller is reputable. some times i have found that the steeler is the least expensive place to get parts. comparable prices, no shipping, if you have a problem and you have a good steeler. you can return things. good luck in your search.
  9. DrJ644

DrJ644 New Member

Just do an HD search in the Chi town area, they will list them all. What kind of parts do you need?
  10. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Don't know what you are lookin to buy, but if you git on Ebay and look for American Classic Motors, they have a pice, but you can usually bid like if its 564.00 you can bid like 525.00 and they will sell it to you. I got my pipes that sold for around 700.00 for like 510.00 on Ebay threw then a couple months back. Check them out.
  11. rickster

rickster New Member

always looking for more chrome, right now looking for a chrome front end & if prices are right maybe calipers, & polished rotors