1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Looking

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Dec 26, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have another project i am fixin to get into....install a fairing on an 05 delux....customer already has a stereo for it, but wants a cb. so any of ya'll installed a seperate cb??? she wants to use a headset and noise canceling mike boom......llike what is on an ultra, but needs the seperate cb radio... brands and tips would be helpful......thanks
  2. Thump '63

Thump '63 New Member

There used to be a setup where the radio was hidden with just the mic in the cabin. I'll check with Conner when he get's back in Town after the Holiday break and find out what kind he has. thump:cool:
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

4. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Chucktx,
    What kind of fairing are you putting on? I put a Wide Open Custom Plastic fairing on my 05 Fatboy along with a radio, the mounting for the radio was kind of funkie, with the amount of vibration that is up front with the mounting system that most after market fairings have the radio ended up cracking the front of the radio mounting bracket. So I removed the radio.
    Now I am working on figuring out how to install a complete Harley fairing on the front of my Fatboy.

Wide Open Custom Plastic, LLC > Home
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

cobra used to make the hide away set up , undinan(sp) is the parent company they had all the controls in the hand piece & the reciever was hidden in the trunk or under the seat for cages , but could be done on a bike easy dont forget the cb has to be tuned for the antenna & for a bike it's best to get it tuned up aka peeked out
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008