1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Loss or a gain

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by sarge7, Feb 23, 2009.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Being a only child I had no Dad while I was growing up. When I meant my wife and we got married 38 years ago. I found out what having a Dad was like; for 38 years my father-in law treated me like one of his own sons. And today we buried him. He was 78 years old and at one time rode a old Indian Chief 38 model; When I rode my bike out to see him earlier this year he grinned from ear to ear and gave me a slap on the back and told me "when are you gonna let me ride it". I'll tell you right now that made my day.
    So now every time I get a leg over the bike, I think about that and know that he is looking over my shoulder.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very sorry to hear of your loss.....my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. it is great to have someone to watch "over your shoulder" when you are out!!!!!! sounds like a great fellow you were able to meet.....congrats on that!!!!
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

In answer to your original question....loss or gain.....YES. You gained a father figure, a man you could respect, and that would respect and understand you. LOSS in a family member....loved one...is never easy. My condolances to you and your family. Remember, he will ride with you every time you swing a leg over the saddle. Ride on...he will follow.
  4. Mayor

Mayor New Member

Sorry for your loss Sarge.....Memories last forever....seems he will still in your memories....James
  5. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Sorry to hear that too Sarge.
    Condolences to you and your wife.
    Tom
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I will say a very good gain & A sad loss right along with the other post above , & you now have a happy Guardian Angel that once rode & still cared for them after he knew he couldent ride anymore
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for yours and your families loss sarge. I felt the same way about my Dad and when he passed on I lost my best friend. He rode to and many times when riding my thoughts are with him as your will be.
  8. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Sorry for your loss Sarge. Losing family is hard, losing a close friend is probably harder, he will live and ride on as long as his memory is with you. Keep him and you in the wind and safe.
  9. Welder

Welder New Member

Hey Sarge 7,

Sorry to hear about your family's loss. I can relate to the feelings that you must have for the man. My better halves Dad is a dandy and i have a huge amount of respect for him. Shared a lot of quality time with him.

Seems they just don't make a lot of that type anymore. Hope i'm wrong about that, but that's the way it seems.

Be safe.