1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Lost my best friend

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Breeze, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Breeze

Breeze New Member

On July 16th my wife died of a massive heart attack... no warning. This has been the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. The attached picture is from 12 days before... looks like the picture of health. She was my world...:(

Attached Files:

2. Goose

Goose New Member

I'm very sorry to hear that. I know how close my wife and I are and I just cannot think of losing her. We've been together 24 years this month. But, it's part of life I guess. I lost my mom a few years ago and that's still tough on me so I guess it doesn't go away. Pray for strength and I wish the best for you. Get out and ride, helps a little.
  3. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Breeze,

My condolences. My heart absolutely goes out to you Brother. I can't say that I know exactly how you are feeling, as I have not lost my spouse, but have lost very significant others in the recent past.
    She was very beautiful. I sometimes try to figure why these things happen the way they do, but no feasible answer comes to mind other than only the good die young. She'll always be young and full of life in your memories Bro.
    Hang with it....time will allow you to heal. Carry the best of all memories you too had together close to your heart. She'll always be there for ya man.
  4. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Sorry for your loss Breeze. Sometimes life can be so unpredictable. My condolences to you and your family.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  5. Breeze

Breeze New Member

BikerJim,

Yes, she was very beautiful... I always wondered what she saw in me. I have been a very lucky man... blessed with Kathy for only 7 1/2 years of marriage but blessed just the same. Thanks for the encouragement guys... believe me I need it right now.
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. I can't begin to understand your pain. look after yourself and give yourself time to heal.
  7. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Breeze,

Long, slow cruises in the country really help me out in my darker points. Hang in there Bro.
  8. CD

CD Guest

Breeze,

At times like this there just never seems to be adequate words to express our sympathy and concerns.

My pard and the the fabricator of the FXR-SFFF finished that bike as his wife withered away dying from a terminal illness. He worked through the pain and used the work as a release. After the services he and a brother set off to ride the four corners of the US. He just arrived back and stopped by the shop. He was smiling and told me 16k miles was great therapy.

I don't know what it is but riding has always cleansed my mind.....

Keep in touch.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Breeze sorry to hear about the loss, I'm sure it's difficult, the unexpected ones really are tough..

My neighbor is going through the same thing, one month ago his wife passed in the morning while he was getting dressed for church, there was no indication of illness, nothing.

It's been a long month for him and many of the neighbors, known them for 13 years.

It will take time, lean on the friends, that's what they are for.
  10. SK

SK New Member

Sorry to hear this Breeze. As every situation is different, we can't really say or know how you feel. Just know we're all thinking of you right now. As the others have said..take a nice long ride and feel of the wind. She'll be smiling down on ya as you ride. Take care of yourself first and foremost.
  11. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

I am so sorry Breeze... Hang in there... You gots tons of support here and i know friends and family are their too... I wish you the best and get on that bike...
  12. stevenh

stevenh New Member

Like others here have said, it's hard to know what to say....
    Best wishes to you Breeze.
    Steve
  13. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Condolences

Breeze, my family and my brothers send you our deepest condolences. When I lost my mom year before last ( 9 months after we had her 100th birthday party) a friend sent me a card with this on it. It is an Inuit (Eskimo) legend....."Perhaps they are not stars in the sky......but, rather where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy and will always be with us." Now when I ride at night or just look up I think of this and smile.
    Words can never fully express what is in our hearts when something like this happens

Ride Free..............
  14. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

im very saddened to hear of your loss.......god bless you and your family.....
    chuck
  15. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Breeze -
    I am extremely sorry for your loss. She looks like a lovely, perfect American women and riding mate. I'll pray for you both tonight. Take care, and keep riding.
  16. ZZsBagger

ZZsBagger New Member

"You" were the Lucky man to have known her...She is beautiful...
    When you feel "the breeze"...that's her letting you know she's there...
    Take it easy, Bro...

ZZsBagger
  17. scooter

scooter New Member

Prayers and condolences out to you. You were indeed lucky, always treasure that fact, and treasure those memories you two made together, I know you will.

May she rest in Peace, and may you also have Peace. Keep in mind that there IS a peace that passes understanding. I will pray that you find it.

scoot
  18. Big Ben

Big Ben New Member

Condolences for your loss. I doubt the words of some random guy on the Internet are much comfort to you right now, but I feel for you.

Treasure those memories, and she will always be with you.
  19. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Breeze, there is nothing myself or anyone here could even begin to say to help you through this time. So, very sorry to here of your loss. Like you my wife is and will always be my best friend. Life is so hard some times. Please keep us posted on how you are doing because even though we only know you through the Internet we really do care.
  20. Seahag

Seahag New Member

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been expressed by several others here....just letting you know my prayers and thoughts are with you. Take care.

Clay