1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Lowering front forks

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by spanky32354, Nov 29, 2005.

1. spanky32354

spanky32354 New Member

Need some advice please. I am going to lower my 06 Road Glide. I don't see any problem with me replacing the rear shocks but when it comes to the front end I'm questioning my abilities. I have an 05 touring model service manual and it makes it sound pretty complicated but from the pictures of the 06 lowering springs it looks as if they've gone to springs, no cartridge, on both sides. Is lowering the 06 model fairly simple? I try to do as much of my own wrenching as possible but I do have my limits. Especially when it could have fatal results. :eek: Thanks in advance, Spanky