1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Lubricating Brake and clutch lever pivot pins

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by jturuk, Oct 7, 2009.

1. jturuk

jturuk New Member

I was wondering if you guys remove the pins to lubricate them? Also do you use the "Super oil" mentioned in the manual or some other?

Thanks
    John
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

once a year.....i use anti-seize......repels water

question....what is an "oil battery operator"???
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Anti-seize is great. I also use the recommended cable oil with the long needle to get down into the cable. Don't need a whole lot.
  4. jturuk

jturuk New Member

Thanks for the replies.

Was just putting my bike to bed for the winter :( and thumbing through the manual to learn what should be done. I haven't got to the part about lubricating the cable yet but I'm sure it's in there.

An Oil battery operator..........We have oil fields up here in Alberta the same as you do down in Texas. An Oil battery operator basically produces the stuff. Right from pumping it out of the ground to shipping it down the pipeline as clean oil to refineries and such. they are also responsible for treating it so that it meets sales specifications (removing the water, solids etc).

Up here we call them "operators". I believe you folks down south of the border call them "pumpers"
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thanks....i figured "oil field related"........lol