1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Making true duals 07 se rd king ???

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by jasper j, Dec 23, 2006.

1. jasper j

jasper j New Member

hi iam going to send mufflers to fullsac to be recored they also have a cross over kit i want to keep my crossover pipe on rt side so i can use my heat shield for looks i can cut cross over into cap pipe that will give st exaust on left side and cap same pipe and have st exaust on rt side and still use heat shield on the rt side the exaust flow will go up about 8 ins up pipe that is caped off will this cause to much back presure or not hurt anything iam a retierd body man no problem to do thanks jasper j
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

used to do the same thing back in the old days.....60's up.....lol lol worked pretty good back then, but it was also eaiser to tune the bike to the new pipes.....when messin with the exhaust, ya need to keep the intake in mind and make mods to it also.......good luck and keep us informed of you progress
    chuck
  3. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Any chance to put a plug in the pipe so no exhaust will travel up there? Would that ease your concern? I hope I understood the post correctly. Just my .02:confused:
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I saw someone a while back selling a little kit that included the correct sized cap and some fittings to make it work. Looked like a freeze plug with a small hole. A certain amount of cross-over is good to help smooth out idle, especially on Evo's. I recall that kit placed the cap in the crossover passage but the hole drilled through allowed a small connection between the front and rear cylinder's exhaust.

While more expensive, I don't think you can go wrong with a set of true duals from Samson or Bassani. Slap thosed cored mufflers on there and BANG! Then again, I don't blame ya for not wanting to part with the stockers. After I got rid of my originals I went through 3 more set of pipes before finding one I liked.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Mufflers :cheers:
  5. chucktx

voodoo, that is what i used, a freeze plug...silver soldered into the y pipe.
    chuck
  6. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Holy crap! I actually had a good idea!? I think I'm startin to get the hang of this. Thanks Chuck!
  7. chucktx

hehehehehe..........you crack me up voodoo..........:roflmao:
  8. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Ya gotta remember chuck, if it's made out of wood....I'm your man. I ain't so good with the mechanical stuff. When they start makin bikes out of wood, I'll be a pro! :roflmao:
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Here ya go Pro!

Only In 'bama! :roflmao:

[​IMG]
  10. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

HOLY ****! I have NEVER seen anything like that! I think I just crapped myself laughing! I am in trouble now! :roflmao: :eek:
  11. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Wow, is that a toolbox in place of the gas tank? :roflmao:

Looks like the newest theme chopper from those OCC clowns who call themselves builders. Nah, I take that back... those guys aren't this creative.
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

humm new meaning to riding a woody i guess
  13. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

Ya know I've had that pic on my hard drive for a while. It's just cool as hell. I tried the same thing when I was a kid, I was maybe 7. Washing machine motor on a 2X4 wood frame. Dad decided he better get me a real one before I hurt myself on a homemade one. At least they were smart enough to use screws and bolts. Mine was nailed together.:roflmao:
  14. chucktx

i wonder how long it stayed together on those roads.....definatly inexpensive transportation......
  15. Folsomjack

Folsomjack New Member

A guy had "Kalija" the wooden Indian as a pit bike at Bonniville last year. Looked like the picture to a degree but was done with a little Honda industrial V-twin and the frame out of 1x2 ans 2x4 hardwood . Had a 42 sport scout tank with the Indian decal on it and he said the decal was the only thing he had to pay cash money for . If you have never been Bonniville salt flats is the place to be the second week of August. Regards, Jack
  16. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

Recore

JJ DID U EVER SEND YOUR STOCK MUFFLERS TO FULLSAC TO HAVE THEM RECORE WITH NEW BAFFLES? LET ME KNOW SOMETHING, I HAVE SAME BIKE AS U AND CAN'T FIND ANY MUFFLERS THAT I LIKE AS WELL AS THE STOCK MUFFLERS, JUST NEED SOME SOUND IN THEM.:rolleyes:

DKIN21

LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD:biker: :biker:
  17. Folsomjack

Folsomjack New Member

Wooden Indian

I saw "Kalija" the wooden Indian at Bonneville last year. Starting with a set of scout tanks and a litlle V-twin Honda industrial engine , a guy built a pit bike out of cabinet wood scraps., mostly oak and birch . Very little metal on the whole thing. It was finished real nice and ran good with an auto clutch and no tranny. Regards, Jack