1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Map needed

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by beachspur, Sep 23, 2007.

1. beachspur

beachspur New Member

I have a 2002 TC EFI with D&D nitestalker 2/1 pipe, high cpression pistons, ported heads and SE 203 cams. Looking for anything close to that (not really worried about the pie set up) so I can run it during breakin period. I plan to have it tuned once I get the motor broke in about 500 miles. But I want someting close to the right mixture so I don't foul plugs or burn a piston. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
  2. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

Are you running a Race Tuner or a Power Commander to load this map? There is no map in the HD performance maps for your purpose that will load directly into the ECM so an interface has to be installed to tune or rewrite the map in your bike.
  3. beachspur

beachspur New Member

I am running a PCIII.
  4. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

something close

find the map which closly resemlbles your setup. you mayhave to try a few of them then pick the one which runs the best. from there you'll have to fine tune it. don't worry it won't harm your bike if it isn't perfect. when fine tuning take baby steps, only changing the numbers 3-5 points at a time. also you may want to try calling pc's tach support they may be able to to get you closer, in any event have fun learning, it takes time and alot of test runs after which your bike will run great and you'll understand it's fuel needs better than ever. you can also play with the timing, but thats an area where you really should take really small steps after you get the fuel where you want it:D