1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Marc Gibson

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by badinfluence63, Feb 26, 2019.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about Marc today. I just want to take a moment to remember Marc.

It was back in September 2015 Marc had a terrible accident on his way on yet another 2 wheeled adventure. I had just started having conversations with him and getting to know him.

More knew him better than i. His passing was a shock and sad.

Wish i had got to meet him.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Hard to think it's been that long ago...
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Every time i look at Bike-talk I think of my friend Marc. I was in the early planning stage of taking him up on his invite and flying out to Oregon to stay with him for a short visit. I did a brief meet and ride with Marc and Mad Dog Steve and a couple others in AZ a year or so before the accident. Definitely a great day for me. The group of them are heroes from SE Asia. This page hasn't been the same without Marc.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  4. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Was just exchanging FB messages with Marc about this and that a day or two before he had left for his trip as i had been planning one too.

After the accident i had actually been contacted on facebook by a person who was at the scene of the accident. He was wondering how Marc was doing. He said it was a bad accident but did not know how it happened. His name is Gregg Chasteen, he was 30 seconds behind Marc when it happened. He works for the ODOT he said. Gregg was not riding a bike.

Any one know how Marc's wife is doing?

If he were alive now being the patriot he was, with all this whacky political crap going on he would lose his ever lving mind.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019