1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Mardi Gras

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Feb 17, 2012.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

"come on take me to the Mardi Gras, where tha people sing n plaaaay, where theres dancing in the street, dancin n tha street, both night n day":roflmao:
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Been there many times for business. Been there 3 months after Katrina to inspect and find construction solutions for the SuperDome. Seen what the "good" people of the Big Easy are really like. Don't care if I ever go back.
  4. cardboard

The Oil Company my OL works for had some kind of Big Meeting down in N.O.
    They told her to get a Plane ticket and FLY or drive.
    All cost for everything will be covered by the company. Food & drinks included.
    She stayed in the nicest Motel on the strand area in N.O.
    They had really good food,
    She wanted to come home from the day she got there.
    Already said she will look for a Excuse to not go next year, where ever it is that they vote to go.
    She said you walk out of the motel onto the french quarters area and it really stunk. It was like somebody had peed on the streets.
    It wasn't like it was when we went there 25 yrs ago.
    She never wanted to go back.
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Yep! Helped a contractor bid a 5 million dollar job in the 'Dome. He was already in there working and doing exceptional work. He went in at 5 mil. A outfit from Houston was at 7.5 mil and another at 8 mil. My guy was met with and aa couple of big shots said that a couple of somethings needed to be "taken care of". He explained to me he's a Christian and he don't "take care of things". I agreed. Guess who got it? 7.5 because he had an extra 2.5 mil. to "take care of things". Even after the Lord flushed out that city, the dirt remained. Saw several rooms in the 'Dome filled with appliances, tv's stereos. I guess the good people of N.O. thought they could take them on the buses when they left. Saw the blood stains on the concrete in the dome. I don't know it it's true or not but the local story is the hole in the roof was made by our heros the Navy Seals. They were hold up in the rafters picking off the rapists and muggers HooRahh!
    Saw the graffitti IN the LaQuinta Hotel from the good folks who stayed there during the storm. N.O. is a cesspool. I used to recommend people to go there at least once. No more.
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

calling N O A cesspool is being nice , we used to go there once a month to pick up a load ,payed darn good thats the only reason Istayed with it other then that cut it off & let is sink :eek:
  7. cardboard

lower louisiana has some really lo life people. I've seen them there, and seen them when they come to Texas.
    When I would go there, the folks that live there would tell me about them .

The way they look at life I wouldn't give them the time of day.
    They think everybody owes them everything, and if they don't get it they will take it.
    Seen the gangs from there that come out here too.
    Worst thing Texas did was let them come here. A lot of then never left.
    We had a lot of killing here and a lot of crime after they came.

I used to have to go on jobs in shopping centers. I hated to get out of the truck. Thought I was gonna have to shoot a few of them. The cops was plain clothes and busted them before I had to do anything.
    They was making deals in parkin lots and stealing cars there too.

Bet they don't get to come back. Its tough when our city officials and state people found it out the hard way.
    It cost Texas a lot of money.:rant:
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Last time I was there was 40 years ago. Seemed like a nice enough place then. Missed Mardi Gras, which I hear now is little more than an excuse for all the homos in the country to descend on it. Think I'll stay away, thank you.
  9. cardboard

They are a lotta nice folks that go there
  10. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Only been once in 1994, took my oldest daughter when she was 10 to play in the AAU Nationals (basketball). She played on a traveling team from 10 to 15 years old. It was OK, but hardest thing to get in my mind for someone from the Bible Belt were the drive through Martini Shacks. Could not believe anywhere in the US you could get a drive through mixed drink! :devil:
  11. notorious

notorious New Member

I agree with the comments regarding NOLA, my ex live just southwest and we went 4-6 times a year, fagggots and gangs have taken over...what a **** hole, yes the streets smell like urine.. We would always venture into the quarter first thing in the morning and gone by dark for safety reasons. My job takes me through there now, but mostly I keep going until I get to the coast.