1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Market research - games for bike travel

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm making a travel backgammon set for my son. It isn't the same as what I'd make to carry on a bike, but it gave me an idea. I thought about making something out of denim that would have a built in zippered pocket for the pieces and dice. You could roll it up, and it would take up very little space.

Is that something you'd take on a road trip? I take small travel games sometimes, but I'm not sure if anyone else does.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

strip backgammon? LOL

I'm not a game guy, used to, but I could see where it would be fun for someone
    I take it you'll sew it up, how about checkers too
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very cool idea.........:)
  4. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

We carry a deck of cards just incase we stranded someplace and have to stay inside. We also have used them on a few poker runs.
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Wondered where that 5th Ace came from!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

:roflmao:

Yeah, I could do checkers. Chess would be tough. Complicated pieces to replicate. Of course you can always make a chess set with nuts and bolts. While that might get bulky, it could also come in handy.

Attached Files:

7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

nice set you have there , oh I mean chess set , don't play the game but my son does , I to used to carry a deck of cards as well shovel head days , sleeping bag & small radio road side park & a good night stay :D
  8. chucktx

hey cowboy, did ya ever roll off of one of the picnic tables????? had a buddy roll off of a bench one nite, he swears i pushed him off.........
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

No never did , got lucky I guess :D did have my boot fall off once , use them as a pillow , just slid them together & there you go no bugs or snakes get in & a instent pillow , the table did get hard real fast when they fell :gah:
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

If you did checkers on one side, then
    if you have a chess player they can pick up pieces
    at a game store.

Could put a pocket on it for a deck of cards with a flap to cover it.
  11. seg

seg New Member

well it depends on who is riding with you, i could think of 1 or 2 games to play...lol
  12. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Was out one night with about 40 bikes - 2:00 in the morning - fog rolls in so thick ya couldn't see 10 feet in front of the bike; so we pulled into a RV park and circled the bikes then flopped on the ground. Bout 0600 dark I get this light at the end of the tunnel feeling; so I got one eye open and was lookin at the biggest garbage truck I ever saw 2 feet from my bike and a guy is standing on the running board screamin like a banshee about almost runnin over a bunch of scooter trash. When we tryed to tell him why we were there, he goes nuts and starts shouting something about cops; bike impoundment and tresspassing. When that happens he suddenly realizes hes got about 60 bikers standing around him listening to his every word with unabasted attention.
    For some strange reason he gets real quite real quick; then he sees a bunch of the RV people standin on the hill behind us and gets real brave again. Looks a bunch of rowdy bikers are doin it again! - but not so; the RV park manager comes down the hill and tells this guy to clam up and then tells him that we had rolled in late and he didn't really like the idea of this guy wakin up the whole trailer park with his noise.
    Big surprise there - to us; then the RV guy offers to serve up coffee to the whole bunch of us which was gratfully accepted and we left with all the RV'ers wavin to us.
    Never did like green garbage trucks after that.!:D
  13. chucktx