1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Maybe a little crazy, i don't know

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by ironhorse, Apr 22, 2008.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

every year i get a wild hair:gah: , this year was no exception, and it seems to always come in april, anyway I looked at the weather again yesterday and low and behold 950+ miles and 14so hrs later i'm setting in wisconsin hoping the weater is decent this time on the trip to the house, the first few hours were chilly ok cold but i kept telling myself the sun is comming up, and by omaha it was in the 60s, de moines the 70 and 50s when i got to tomah. but when i look at the forecast now that i am here it says rain sleet, cold, drizzle and rain again. :rant: ok i'm done :D
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

THat is too funny! I got a buddy that lives in Des Moines, Family in NE Iowa, tell Ft McCoy hello for me....... and my sis lives in Wapaka WI..... sounds like a good ride tho!
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Cool, ironhorse. Wish I could do the same, but my dog would starve!
  4. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Cabin Fever

I hear ya. Travelng this time of year takes a lot of planning. This trip I have ridden in Everything from jeans and a T-shirt to my raintogs over leathers and a wool sweater, and that was just one day, lol. But still, a day riding in the cold beats a day in front of the idiot box any day. Had to pay right at 4 bucks for hi test in New York.....was beside a Honda that was filling up on regular......that 30 cent a gallon savings looked pretty good. Ah, well wonder how a hydrogen fuel cell superglide would sound........I am figuring to get my Harleys roar recorded. Then I can play it on m ipod as I "whoosh" along.

Ride .......
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

what do they call them things blue ray discs for rumble and an apple print rag for my head :roflmao: been watching the weather and finally got some decent (couldn't find the frog togs for know) rain gear as the trip home is to be around the 40-50s with thunder storms:D and beings i ain't all electrified wally world had their warmers for a buck so I picked up a few of them. as long as i don't have to ride on the ice again this year it will be ok, :rolleyes: h