1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

MChitch

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Aug 11, 2008.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Here is a pic of the hitch on the bike and the camp ground at the Rally in Bend Oregon last weekend.

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hitch looks good!!! and the campground even better.
    so, how come ya didnt take a pic of you riding around in the lake pulling your trailer????????:roflmao: :roflmao:
  3. FLHTbiker

Chuck I was to busy riding around those mountains in the background of the pic of the lake. The road is called the Cascade lakes highway.
  4. chucktx

looks like a beautiful place........i know you are blessed with great riding up your way.........thanks for the pics!!!!:)

oh, i couldnt resist the "water" comment!!!!:D
  5. FLHTbiker

Here is a pic of Sparks lake in the same area. This is the area where they filmed a movie with John Wayne and Kathren Hepburn.

Attached Files:

6. chucktx

looks very peaceful.......a great get away spot!!!!!!
    i will look at all ya got!!!!!!!!!! might have to do a road trip!!!!!!:)
  7. FLHTbiker

OK Chuck, here is a link to many photos of this area that we road through last weekend. Some of the pic's show the same road in the back ground. It was a real relaxing ride because you didn't want to ride very fast as you would miss to much.

Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway - Photos
  8. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

nice hitch

and trailer too. Who makes the trailer? It looks small enough to pull good
  9. FLHTbiker

10. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I sure like the way they set up. According to the site the small one is 230 lbs..shouldn't be too hard to pull. I rebuilt the Tiny Mite, got it painted to match the bike.....it takes a bit of time to set up but boy does it pull nice...you don't know it's back there.
  11. FLHTbiker

The Lees-ure Lite trailer pulls very well and gives you plenty of extra storage space. We have had it now gosh sense around 2000 or 2001. Its been a great trailer and sets up in less than 30 seconds. When the sketters are thick and you pull into camp its really nice to quickly set it up and jump in. :eek: Been there and done that a time or two.

We took it to Sturgis last year and it was sure nice at every campground where we went. The wife pulled it with her trike and I got to play in the corners and coming down Bear tooth pass was a blast. That 06 Ultra has scrap marks on both sides and the new owner says, how did you get it over so far. :D Had to wait at the bottom for the wife for a while though.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

FLHT does your trailer have the room in front of the bad to change your clothes? I've kinda been looking at some , there hard to find used & I wont use it as much as you do , the wife has never been a camper / out doors type
  13. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

looks like a postcard.....Id love to ride to someplace like that one day. Man Chicago sucks.
  14. FLHTbiker

Cowboy, they have a great dressing area in the front. Great for a couple.
    Lots of used ones of different makes including the older Kwik Kamp tent trailers. Check this site out from time to time as this is a good place for used tent trailers for sale.

GWRRA Message Board: For Sale
  15. FLHTbiker

There are some really great areas out here in the Northwest and west to ride many areas are just like that a post card view.
  16. chucktx

i guess if ya ride there a bit, you do need a good rain suit......seems to get a bit damp once in a while......must be the rain that keeps that place looking sooooooo goooood!!!!!!!!:)
  17. FLHTbiker

The western parts of Oregon, Washington and Northern Ca. get the heavier rains in the winter but the rest east of the cascades MTS range don't. You do get winter colds and snow in the eastern portions but the Western parts except for the mountains rarely get snow. Many times in the winter months the Oregon coast can be pretty dang nice and with mild weather. I always keep a rain suit handy in the winter months. They don't use any salts on the roads here and I can't remember the last time I even needed a set of tire chains.
  18. SK

SK New Member

Best weather of the year is coming up your way Marc. Late September into October is sweet..less rain and very little fog on the coast. I've ridden that way several times this time of year and I'm in heaven.
  19. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the link FLHT :cool:
  20. FLHTbiker

I was at the Oregon coast this weekend and man was it nice. We rode down the coast and we had lunch at a light house in Newport, just beautiful.