1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Michelion Commander II's

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 21, 2012.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I have just heard about a new tire. They are called Commander II's. Has anyone here ever used them or know of anybody that has used them yet? Are the plain or fancy???:banghead:
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Yeah JB ..I have a set..no miles on them yet but they do look cool...LOL. There's a thread on HTT about them
    Supposedly great dry road traction but not so great in wet weather ....YMMV. The reason I bought them was for wet weather traction, so I was a little bummed out when I read that. The tread pattern is similar to the E3's so I thought they'd be good ....When I'm done doing oil changes on the Cop Bike From Hell and get some miles on them ...I'll let you know my opinion ...
    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
  3. JohnnyBiker

That is a bitch huh????:D I dropped my bike off at the dyno this morning and I was asking about them to my indy. He said that he had no experience with them as of yet. Then we decided that to look at my tires..:roflmao:

I think that I should have been drag racing with how slick my rear tire was.. I just got off the phone with him and he told me that the rear is pretty toast and he couldn't let me ride it like that.. I guess I have to wait to put on the Commander II's until I blow the other out. My Indy is so awesome, he had another Dunny ready to go for me...
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  4. JohnnyBiker

Lucifer,

thanks for the link to HTT about these tires. Wow, I am not sure if there is enough bad things said so far about their "wet weather" handling that scares me about them. I do ride some in rain but not a whole lot. I think that I would be comfortable with those tires in the rain. As the last poster in that thread said, just adjust riding style....

I am going to post the link to that thread so the rest can see. Having alternatives is always a good thing...

Michelin Commander II