1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Mikuni Air filter

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Steel_Nickel, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Steel_Nickel

Steel_Nickel New Member

Anyone know if the Mikuni air filter kit from a 45 is the same as a 42? Also what parts are included with the filter kit. Cover, filter, brackets and screws is that it? I found a new one for sale and it seems like a good deal.

What is the cost for a new one?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

as far as cost, check around for the best price.....as far as being the same i would say no, as a 45 has a larger throat than a 42. i dont know for sure, just a guess
    chuck
  3. Steel_Nickel

Steel_Nickel New Member

Thanks, that is what I thought could be a problem, throttle body size. But the connection is a screw clamp that could be tightened. I really need to take off my current setup and measure the th bot. It is just like me to buy something before checking. Ya know save $10.00 but spend $20.00 to get it right..
  4. Steel_Nickel

Steel_Nickel New Member

Found out the 42 and 45 are the same OD. Bought the filter setup. Now I have another hold up on the Brackets, another post explains. Thanks