1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Military Rules for Non-Military Personnel

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by CD, Aug 2, 2004.

1. CD

CD Guest

Military Rules for Nonmilitary Personnel this was forwarded to me. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Go figure, authored by a Marine...

Please excuse the language - it is too good not to share.Thanks, Veterans! Military Rules for Non-Military Personnel "Dear Civilians, "We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

(1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem---kick their ass.

(2) When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their ass.

(3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.

(4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

(5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).

(6) If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake---and kick their ass.

(7) Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your **** feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart.

Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her---of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

(8) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation.
    Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander-In-Chief (CinC). The President (for those who didn't know) is our CinC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your ass kicked!

(9) 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me---stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your ass!

(10) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies!' And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me---if you see anyone calling those **** psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

(11) 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your ass kicked.

(12) Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families.

Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked."

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

"It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

"It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

(Authored by:) Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC (Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your ass!) (LOL) "If you can read this, thank a teacher" "If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.":D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2004
  2. SK

SK New Member

Cool..thanks CD. It's almost 2am and I can't sleep..I needed that.
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Although this one has gone around a time or 2, it is still VERY worth the read. Thanks! Enjoyed it again! :cool:
  4. mark novak

mark novak New Member

Ho Raa

:cool: I've served at a young age.And that brought tears to my eyes.I need to kick more ASS.HA HA
  5. usahellas

usahellas New Member

Like it nope LOVED IT!!!!!

After putting in almost 6 years with the US Army (5 years and 10months to be exact) I loved this one. Even if it was edited by a jarhead. :p I will never understand why people cannot take a minute "SHUT UP" and wait until the National Athem is over. I live in Germany and my children go to a German school. My wife is Greek BUT my oldest daughter knows "The Pledge of Allegiance" the youngest will learn it as well. They will also be taught the American and Greek National Athem.

No matter what Remember who you are and where you came from. My daddy use to say "Son they can take everything you have except you name, that is all you have".